TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Behavior › Halloween strather
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Halloween strather

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
this lil guy.....almost 6 months old.....total white DSH with one green eye and one blue eye.....he gets into a frenzy when he is playing and wants to show off i imagine, but i dont know if i should be frightened because i am laughing so hard.
he hunches like a picturesque halloween cat and curls his paws under and walks sideways towards me....sort of like the things in aliens the movie....so weird......makes funny gurgling noises then scampers off to peer at me like he is going to pounce then goes back into this weird hunchback thing.....this lil guy is freaking me out.....anyone ever see any behaviour like this?
post #2 of 11
Ahhh.....yes kitten pounce/attack mode! Tough lil guy you've probably got - stalking invisible mice & such! It's something kittens commonly do - and my adult cats do it also sometimes.
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
Ahhh.....yes kitten pounce/attack mode! Tough lil guy you've probably got - stalking invisible mice & such! It's something kittens commonly do - and my adult cats do it also sometimes.
Hey, show that immensely scary photo that won a spot on the TCS calendar! Talking about seeing a white cat looking like a halloween cat!
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluchetta View Post
Hey, show that immensely scary photo that won a spot on the TCS calendar! Talking about seeing a white cat looking like a halloween cat!
post #5 of 11
Ha ha ha ha ha! LOL! I love that photo.

So...Scenario...does your cat have normal hearing? Sometimes white cats have trouble with deafness.
post #6 of 11
My kittens and some of my adult cats do that, we call that kitty prancing because he's turned like you described and does little short hops, hopping sideways. Its the cutiest thing. I always tried to get them to do that.
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenario View Post
this lil guy.....almost 6 months old.....total white DSH with one green eye and one blue eye.....he gets into a frenzy when he is playing and wants to show off i imagine, but i dont know if i should be frightened because i am laughing so hard.
he hunches like a picturesque halloween cat and curls his paws under and walks sideways towards me....sort of like the things in aliens the movie....so weird......makes funny gurgling noises then scampers off to peer at me like he is going to pounce then goes back into this weird hunchback thing.....this lil guy is freaking me out.....anyone ever see any behaviour like this?
All the time!! It's one of our favorite games here. He's wanting you to get on your hands and knees, and slowly come after him so he can show you how fierce he can be! Don't be freaked out!! Get in on the game!! You'll have a ball!!
post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
he hears fine.....i am blessed that he comes when his name is called.
yes, just like that photo posted above....all hunched up but with his head cocked to one side and walks sideways....sorta creepy though.
post #9 of 11
That is a kittens way to invite play........My 4 do that to each other all the time and then take off running through the whole house.
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenario View Post
he hears fine.....i am blessed that he comes when his name is called.
yes, just like that photo posted above....all hunched up but with his head cocked to one side and walks sideways....sorta creepy though.
Yeah, that arching, sideways kitten dance is a play thing. Our rescue kittens do that to each other all the time. It's pretty funny. They poof out, arch and turn sideways to look bigger to their "enemy". It's harmless and really cute. If he had a pal they would probably be doing the mid-air ninja jumps at each other, too.

use a dangly or draggy with him... like a heavily knotted thick string.. he will pounce on it and jump for ... and it's good exercise for him and a safe outlet for aaaaalllll that kitten energy.
post #11 of 11
Thread Starter 
thanks for the insight and suggestions....he is very ornery and has lots of energy...live alone and come home after 10 hours and he is ready to go.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Behavior
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Behavior › Halloween strather