tinker has the runs1

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's the best way to get this worked on? Today tinker has been kind of lethargic. she sits next to me and i can hear rumbling in her tummy. like when you've got a real bad upset stomach.

She just started pooping pure liquid. What should I do to help her?

I also notice she seems to be licking her 'bits' alot. she just had babies 3 days ago so i thought it was that. but it might be her little bum is sore from the poops.

Thougths?

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you call a vet?
My brothers cat got sick after having kittens and she had a infection.
Her kittens had to be bottle fed and she needed surgery.
Does she have any discharge coming out of her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No more discharge. she did the day after the birth but that's it. although she's licking 'down there' a lot. I can't tell if it's her bum or not. but there's no discharge, I inspected that closely.

as for placentas? she ate every last drop of all of them

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm come to think of it. madonna had the runs bad after her litter too and she 6 of the seven placentas.

It was awful. she scooted too close to the edge of the litter box and shot a steady stream or wretched filth at the wall under my dresser (madonna) oh boy was it gross to clean. poor little girl.

Maybe this is from the placenta. come to think of it, in the 'tinker is in labor' thread someone mentioned i shouldn't let her eat them. but I didn't even see her do it! they were just gone

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man I knew something was wrong with wilbur too. he's stayed under the bed all day. he just came out and threw up twice. I sure hope they're ok. both my babies are sick

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was me that posted re: the placentas.

I know from experience they can be crook for a week after eating them. They are too rich. Just give her dry food and water until her stool firms up.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

Man I knew something was wrong with wilbur too. he's stayed under the bed all day. he just came out and threw up twice. I sure hope they're ok. both my babies are sick
Awwww
After all you've been through..... I'm sorry it keeps piling on.

Could you call your vet and just ask him/her about the cream you've been putting on his ringworm? From what I've quickly looked up on it, it says its for external use and not to get it in your eyes, nose or mouth.... I'm just worried that he may have ingested some. Hmmmm, poison control would probally give you info too.