Sad news for John Travolta

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw that just before. Poor Jett

May he rest in peace and my heart goes out to the family.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw that, and I can't help but wonder whether or not the family ever treated his seizure disorder with medications or if they as Scientologists didn't believe in giving him medication to control it.

I absolutely love Travolta, have ever since his Welcome Back Kotter days, but again, can't help but wonder.

Poor Jett, may he rest in peace. What a terrible way to start off the new year.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's so sad

Originally Posted by GingersMom

I can't help but wonder whether or not the family ever treated his seizure disorder with medications or if they as Scientologists didn't believe in giving him medication to control it.
I forgot they were scientologists!. No doubt there will be a few that say the same Betsy

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I just saw that, and I can't help but wonder whether or not the family ever treated his seizure disorder with medications or if they as Scientologists didn't believe in giving him medication to control it.

I absolutely love Travolta, have ever since his Welcome Back Kotter days, but again, can't help but wonder.

I was under the impression that Scientology only denied psychotropic drugs; but, I could be wrong

What a terrible thing to happen, so sad for the family.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE:

UPDATE 5:15 PM ET -- Police just released more details. According to a report, Jett was last seen going into the bathroom at their private suite at the Old Bahama Bay Resort sometime yesterday. The body was discovered by the caretaker, Jeff Michael Kathrein, at 10:00 AM today. The report says Jett suffered from seizures.

An autopsy is being performed to determine the exact cause of death

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP Jett...Such sad news to read.

I have known a few people that had seziure disorders. One person in particular, no matter what type or combo of drugs she took her seziures were never 100% controlled. It would lower the amount and the severity but never stopped the condition all the way.

layitdown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
RIP Jett. Poor thing. I just read that on yahoo right now. I love John Travolta and Kelly. This is so sad.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard the sad news on TV about an hour ago. So sad.
I've always been a huge John Travolta fan.
No family should have to endure such a tragedy. My heart really goes out to them in their time of grief.

RIP, Jett.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

I was under the impression that Scientology only denied psychotropic drugs; but, I could be wrong

What a terrible thing to happen, so sad for the family.
I do not know all that much about Scientology and their beliefs about medicines but I do know that a large number of anti-seizure medicines are also classified as psychotropic drugs. Lamictal, for example, treats both bi-polar disorders and Epilepsy. Most of the drugs for bi-polar disorder were developed first to treat Epilepsy.

I think that this is enough said about drugs on this sad day for John Travolta.

rescued_human

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ginger's Mom,

I am a Scientologist and I can assure you that if Jett suffered from a treatable medical condition the Travoltas ensured he received comprehensive medical care. Details in the press are slim so anything that you read at this point about what might have happened is conjecture. You may message me privately if you have questions. My deepest sympathies to the Travolta family.