Plastic found in Wellness can

katgoddess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
On my cat's menu for breakfast this morning was Wellness Beef & Chicken. After I cracked open the can and scooped some out for him, I saw a weird white piece of something that I've never seen in this formula before, so I picked it out with my finger.

It's like a stretchy white piece of soft plastic, kind of like a piece of plastic bag, BUT a bit more thick and tough. It broke apart when I pulled on it with some force.

Has anyone encountered this with Wellness before? I'm going to e-mail them to let them know, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ronit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
maybe to mention the production date / serial number / exp date... so others would be careful with cans from the same batch.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
give all the info off the can and if you can where and when it was bought

blaise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ronit

maybe to mention the production date / serial number / exp date... so others would be careful with cans from the same batch.
I'll second that request....

Could you please post the info printed on the bottom of the can?

It will look like this:

BEST BY 25 JAN 11
7WBC 04:41

blaise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
KatGoddess-

Thanx for the BB info!

Very interesting, the coding on there....can I ask, did you buy it from a local small retailer, a large "box store", or online?

All the varieties I use (which come to a local "pet store" via a wholesaler in eastern Canada), use this coding on the second line:
7 + initials of variety (eg BC = Beef & Chicken) + S4 + time of day

Yours has just: "MW11 + time of day". Hmmmmmm...I suspect different manufacturer/plants.

I'll put this to the folks on Itchmo (who have been following Wellness canned very closely since July '07 - thread can be found under "Cat Food Experiences by Brand) and see what they might have to say.