Gosh, my life sounds so dull, compared to everyone else here!!!
I'm not sure what 2009 will bring (I hope it's good), but I know what I wish for:
1. To be healthier. I had to take so many sick days last year; all minor things, but they add up, and I don't want to get into trouble. They monitor usage; every quarter the dept. heads submit the employees with the highest # of sick days in their dept. I even got a talking to 3 years ago, as I took 11 days that year (I had the flu, and that was 5 of them), even though I had 125 sick days saved up! I've been carrying around the bulk of my sick days since 1986, but they don't see it that way. I also always save 14 days of vacation every year, for emergencies. Do I sound like someone who abuses sick time??? I even lose personal days some years, as I forget to use them!
2. To be more organized, which I started while on vacation over Xmas. The garage has been cleaned out; so has the pantry (I even labeled my spice jars, using a nifty label-maker), the linen closet, and the guest/sewing room. I boxed up 5 big boxes for the Goodwill! Last stop: the attic of doom. I'm holding off on that, as I have a cold, and the dust chokes me on a good day, plus it's freezing up there. I'ma very clean person around the house, but fall short of stuff lying around. It's not really cluttered here, but it annoys me, and I do have to search for things sometimes. I'm just tired of STUFF lying around.
3. DH & I are starting up Rev War reenacting again, joining a new unit.
4. My car will be 11 years old; I may have to buy a new one soon. Not looking forward to that--I like my car, and esp. not having car payments!
4. I'd like to insulate and wallboard the garage. We only use it for storage,and as the kitty bathroom. It's so cold out there for them. I'd also like to get the concrete floor epoxied, as the litter is grinding out chunks of the floor; and coating it would make cleaning easier.
5. I'd like to finish installing crown moulding throughout the house. We've only done the kitchen & dining so far. I want it in every single room, except the garage and attic!
6. I'd like new steps and balusters and bannisters for my staircase. We removed the carpet 3 years ago, & tried painting the treads; looks awful. I want to replace the treads with hardwood, and the ugly, '70's wrought iron railings with wood. We've been planning this for 3 years now!