twilight

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope I haven't read the book, but I did see the first half of the movie (from DVD). I think the movie wasn't nice... and I didn't find Pattison hot at all, despite what some of my female friends think

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I read the book, and I have to admit, I wasn't impressed.
For trashy romance novels involving vampires I prefer Mary Janice Davidson's Undead series.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kieran got the book for Christmas and he said he enjoyed the story line but it was really for teenage females!

I will read the book some time in January.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've heard both the book(s) and the movie are very heavily geared to teenaged girls.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I've heard both the book(s) and the movie are very heavily geared to teenaged girls.
You heard right but I have to admit even though I'm well past being a teenager, I've read all 4 books and I really, really enjoyed them. I couldn't wait to get to the next one each time.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't read any of the books, but I saw the movie and loved it. Are the books better than the movie? That's what I heard.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have read the first 3 books so far. Trying to make myself wait to read the 4th (and last!) cause I dont want it to end!!

The movie does not look nearly as good as the book, but I will just have to go and see myself. Also, that guy who plays edward is so not hot! i say that now, but...i have to see the movie.

This book series is really made for girls. not neccesarily teenage girls, because we dont change that much

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have read all 4 books 3 times! I love them! I did not however care for the movie.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Read all the books, and loved them, was heartbroken when I heard Ms Meyer has put off the 5th indefinitely due to a breach of trust.
Liked the movie, and considering all the changes made to make the story fit into the alotted time, it was fairly well done.

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I read all the books and saw the movie. Loved the books, but the movie was horrible. I don't think Kristen Stewart did a good job portraying Bella, and Edward Cullen in the movie wasn't all that hot either. Even though the cast will be the same for the second movie, I will still see the second movie and only hope that it will be better.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't like books 1-3 but I did like Breaking Dawn. Too much soppy romance for me in the first three books. I love the setting though and in the movie the scenery is beautiful.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVED the books! I am on the forth one now and I have to say the movie wasn't NEARLY as good BUT I will be buying it anyways....I may have a slight crush on Emmett Cullen....

BTW I agree that Robert Pattinson isn't NEARLY as cute as what i first pictured Edward

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

BTW I agree that Robert Pattinson isn't NEARLY as cute as what i first pictured Edward
I absolutely agree..although the more I see him the more I tie the image of him to the image I have in my mind of Edward. I really love how pretty all the vampires are lol. Alice is amazing ...

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The 5th book is just basically Twilight from Edwards POV.

I do hope she releases it though.

I refused to read these books for over a year. I hated the fact that girls were OBSESSED with this Edward Cullen character and I wasn't going to be involved in any of that.

THEN, I saw a preview for the movie and decided since I wanted to see the movie I might as well read at least the first book.
Well, I read that in just a few hours and had to go get the rest of the series, which I also only read in a few hours.

I don't know what it is about it, but I looked forward to the next book. And couldn't wait to get home from work to read it. :p

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't want to totally change topic of this thread, but has anyone watched this show on HBO called true blood? I saw it, liked the first episode and so I decided to read the books it was based on. They are soo good!! It's about vampires and they are also very quick to read and entertaining, even more engaging than twilight. I recommend it to people who liked twilight. There is also romance in them..I was so obsessed with these books a few months ago that I skipped classes to read them and sometimes even read in class while the professor was talking lol

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read the first two books in the past three days. LMAO I can't afford to get the 3rd one b/c it is only in hardback.
I guess I'll have to wait for that one. What a bummer.

I thought they were GREAT! I couldn't put them down. I thought the second one was a bit of a harder read than the first, but still good. A friend told me the 3rd is even better. I have not seen the movie yet. I'll probably wait until it is in the Red Box.

murfie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Who else on here is as obsessed with the Twilight series as I am?
I cant get enough of it, I read all 4 books in a week and a half cos I couldn't put them down....I now have unrealistic expectations from men haha

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol I had that obsession a few months ago. Now that I look back though the books just weren't that impressive! They seem amazing when you are obsessed though, and I've been there. My favorite one is the fourth one....There is another thread about this on the paws and reflect section..