I got a dog

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I adopted a dog! She's really sweet. Her name is Bianca and she is a 4 year old German Shepherd. I've been thinking about adopting a dog in the summer and I fostered some but it was just never quite right... She is almost exactly what I was looking for: she's had obedience training, good pedigree, hips/elbows certified, is very laid back, and likes cats. Oh, she also is used to a raw diet...I was at first looking into getting a puppy but then I decided that right now an adult, calmer already trained dog was a better idea. I still want to get a puppy in the near future though, maybe next year. I lost both my dogs this year so it has been a very tough time for me and difficult to think about another dog but it is also difficult to be without one since I had my two dogs for 11 years... This is one reason I decided to go with an adult dog because I think it would be a big shock to have a totally untrained puppy after being with two senior well trained dogs... It has still been hard for me but I am glad I adopted this dog.
I might change her name, or just shorten it to Anca... She knows commands in German so I have to remember to use the right words. I am hoping to get her into animal assisted therapy like my Golden was.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's GORGEOUS!
I adore GSD's thanks so much for adopting her!
Have a great new year!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww...she has a super sweet face! Good luck with her...

It's not too late to change her cue words either...GSDs are bright dogs, so she would catch on quickly.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, she is beautiful!!! I love germans!!! They are the best dogs ever... soooo sweet, smart and protective! Those you can really call you best friend - all the way around!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Oh, she is beautiful!!! I love germans!!! They are the best dogs ever... soooo sweet, smart and protective! Those you can really call you best friend - all the way around!
Yeah I've wanted a Shepherd since I was a kid.
They are one of my favorite dog breeds.
She is already following me around the house!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is beautiful!

And very wise choice about adopting an adult after all the years of not having a puppy. When the last of our 5 dogs crossed about 5 years ago, we waited a year and adopted not just 1, but 2 littermate puppies. Oh my, I forgot how challenging puppies were!

pintameez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good or you, adopting an adult pet is very responsible and kind of you. Some day, we would also like to get a dog, and we will probably be getting an adult, for much the same reasons.

She is beautiful!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a gorgeous dog!! You're a great person for adopting her
I'm sorry that you lost two dogs this year, but they'll be watching over you and your new addition from over the Rainbow Bridge

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, she is a beauty!!
I LOVE GSD's! Our family dog growing up was a GSD, and he was my "big brother" so I'm a big sucker for them!

I agree it shouldn't be hard to teach her commands in english. And good job getting an older dog. I didn't realize how much work puppies were until we got Snickers. WOW, give me a kitten anyday!

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Her name is Bianca and she is a 4 year old German Shepherd.
I might change her name, or just shorten it to Anca
YES! Change her name. lol. Everytime I hear a dog with my name especially a female one it makes me feel like a you know what!

Our shelter is always naming dogs Bianca, and I get so mad. Mostly I don't think it's appropriate to name dogs after shelter workers. I mean what are they trying to tell me? lol...

Anca, is a cool name, and she should come to it just fine.

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My all time favorite breed...I was always scared to get one tho...thought they would be alot of work...they can be a very powerful breed...Someday I will get one...Wonderful choice....

Nancy