TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Poor Al Gore
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Poor Al Gore

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
He's bumming.

post #2 of 16
Do we have a "loser" smiley??? :gore:

post #3 of 16
oh yeah..Poor Al..I feel so bad for him....


Watch the video, yup...still don't believe the crap they are trying to sell.
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breal76 View Post
oh yeah..Poor Al..I feel so bad for him....


Watch the video, yup...still don't believe the crap they are trying to sell.

For those who don't believe it's getting warmer, they need to talk to their elders who can recall keeping frozen pork and beef in the sheds during winter. Or else, take a drive in the West and PAY ATTENTION to new thngs such as baby joshua trees growing in the high elevations because the lows don't stay as low as they used to out here. But I guess, to some people, even Mother Nature is just a liberal, hippy earth-mom
post #5 of 16
Yet recent studies show that we're gradually cooling off worldwide.

It's climate changes. Do we contribute, yes. Does Al Gore make a bijillion dollars off his investments in Green, yes. Does he walk the walk, no.
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breal76 View Post
oh yeah..Poor Al..I feel so bad for him....


Watch the video, yup...still don't believe the crap they are trying to sell.
I find it hard to understand what the problem is being environmentally friendly whether global warming is true or not.
post #7 of 16
Thread Starter 
There is nothing, whatsoever, wrong with being environmentally friendly, what there IS something wrong with is, the big load of baloney that has been fed to the masses that is outright lies. While Gore goes jetting around in his jet and uses massive amounts of energy and has a HUGE carbon footprint, all the while spouting lies and not even trying to do what he is telling us to do.
It is pathetic at best and immoral and deceiving.
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
There is nothing, whatsoever, wrong with being environmentally friendly, what there IS something wrong with is, the big load of baloney that has been fed to the masses that is outright lies. While Gore goes jetting around in his jet and uses massive amounts of energy and has a HUGE carbon footprint, all the while spouting lies and not even trying to do what he is telling us to do.
It is pathetic at best and immoral and deceiving.
Immoral??? deceiving???
...Actually, Ex-VP Gore flies commercial when possible. Installed solar panels as soon as his HOA allowed. Initiated pro-environment legislation years ago, even tho most of it went unenacted. And he's done sooo much more.... So, the pathos is in not garnering as much information as we ourselves can, from as many sources as are available thru the 'net & other sources and then........imagine this- thinking for ourselves & creating an Informed, Independent opinion (oh, how CAT-LIKE)


http://rush_awards.tripod.com/liesaboutgore.html

http://bravenewfilms.org/blog/8163-d...re-s-lifestyle

http://consciousearth.blogspot.com/2...s-lies_20.html

http://www.talkgold.com/money_blog/?p=45
post #9 of 16
There's nothing wrong with being environmentally friendly, I just don't buy into the media induced hype over man-made global warming. There have been periods in the history of this planet where the earth has been much warmer than it is now and there wasn't any ice at either pole.
post #10 of 16
Conservation is a good idea, no matter what. Part of the reason the U.S. was able to win WWII was that the populace was already largely used to the idea of "use it up, wear it out, make it do," the philosophy that got most people through the Depression for 10 years before WWII started.

Scare tactics and strong-arm tactics, however, usually don't work and actually backfire in the end, as they have to some extent with the global warming/climate change activism.

I think Al Gore is basically a guy with a cause who has a terrible public manner and the bad habit of not thinking through what he does. He's no different from the auto execs who flew their private jets to Washington to beg for help. It just never occurred to them that that might look strange, because it's the way they've ALWAYS gone to Washington to lobby for their cause.

It never occurred to Gore that living in his large and uneconomical house was a bad idea. It DID occur to George Bush. How ironic is that? Of course, I understand Bush recently bought a large house in Dallas, so that argument may not stand up for much longer, either!

But it's always true that politicians, like all of us, "compartmentalize" their thinking. Bill Clinton claimed to be an advocate for women, but has a long history of abusing women. George Bush has an MBA, but evidence shows he probably couldn't run a 7-11. Such contrasts cause every politician trouble, and deservedly so.

And while I haven't seen any official numbers, I would guess Obama's $2 million house in Chicago probably used 10 times the energy Bush's house in Crawford used.
post #11 of 16
Global warming won't be an issue at all if this big boy decides to blow sometime during our lifetimes

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...-SpOwD95COBD00
post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
Conservation is a good idea, no matter what. Part of the reason the U.S. was able to win WWII was that the populace was already largely used to the idea of "use it up, wear it out, make it do," the philosophy that got most people through the Depression for 10 years before WWII started.
To bad those days are gone forever, I can't, in my wildest dreams, see the American people being able to make the kind of sacrifices the "greatest generation" did. Not even close. I believe crime would skyrocket.
post #13 of 16
You know, I'm not so sure. It would take a while, but I suspect we could adjust.

Now, understand, I'm the guy who says we've raised a generation of kids who aren't even any good for canon fodder, so we'd best not have a serious war. But people DO adjust, and there was nothing in the '20's that prepared our parents (and grandparents) for the '30's. And crime actually went down during the depression, if you eliminate "alcohol" crime.
post #14 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
You know, I'm not so sure. It would take a while, but I suspect we could adjust.

Now, understand, I'm the guy who says we've raised a generation of kids who aren't even any good for canon fodder, so we'd best not have a serious war. But people DO adjust, and there was nothing in the '20's that prepared our parents (and grandparents) for the '30's. And crime actually went down during the depression, if you eliminate "alcohol" crime.
I don't know, I don't think you can compare the two, they are worlds apart.
The Great Depression generation didn't have all the leisure time we have, they were out working if they wanted to eat or have a roof over their head.
Now, we are "entitled", we "deserve".

I bet the suicide rate would skyrocket also.

Maybe I am losing my faith in humanity. And that is just sad.
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
To bad those days are gone forever, I can't, in my wildest dreams, see the American people being able to make the kind of sacrifices the "greatest generation" did. Not even close. I believe crime would skyrocket.
Here we are in war, and where are the sacrifices??? We whine about gas prices, yet how many are willing to even slow down to 55mph
How many people really care about electricity usage? and "dirty power"? A couple of years ago, when southern CA had the power black outs, SCE & PGE investigated as to why it wasn't the poorer sections of LA who had the outages, but the Simi Valley. It was the fact that the poor already conserved energy usage, but the suburbians continued to run their multiple computers plus kept the AC on so that they could enjoy their multiple big-screen TVs. Those little plasma picture galleries are energy hogs, but they sell like hotcakes as gifts--what happened to photo albums
post #16 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknowme View Post
Here we are in war, and where are the sacrifices??? We whine about gas prices, yet how many are willing to even slow down to 55mph
How many people really care about electricity usage? and "dirty power"? A couple of years ago, when southern CA had the power black outs, SCE & PGE investigated as to why it wasn't the poorer sections of LA who had the outages, but the Simi Valley. It was the fact that the poor already conserved energy usage, but the suburbians continued to run their multiple computers plus kept the AC on so that they could enjoy their multiple big-screen TVs. Those little plasma picture galleries are energy hogs, but they sell like hotcakes as gifts--what happened to photo albums
I know what you mean, I see people every day that race past me to get to a red light to stop and I pull up beside them. Then they gun it and use extra gas again.

I have made a game out of how long a tank of gas will last me and how many miles a year I can cut off my odometer, I think I am down to, about 5,000 miles a year, maybe a little over that but not over 6,000 miles a year.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Poor Al Gore