Your worst/funniest New Year's Eve story?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After reading the post: "Anyone else think this is a bit strange?" I thought about my worst, or funniest, story about New Year's Eve.

We live in a steep neighborhood, very residential. We live in a house on the "middle" level. There are houses above us and houses below us off the side street cul-du-sacs.

When Ben and Jen were young, we didn't go out for New Year's Eve. We knew that one of the homeowners below to our right had been letting his nephew stay there for free. The nephew had a New Year's Eve party.

It started with the cars. There were calls parked all up and down the no-so-main street. Not only did people park and block one of my driveways, but they walked on my lawn because we do not have a sidewalk.

That was just to start. The party of young adults was very loud and we could here the music. It would have been okay if the party broke up a little after midnight. Yeah, right.

Around 3 am the party broke up. Our master bedroom faces the street so I heard all of the party goers talking and laughing to get to their cars and walking on my lawn.

The worst was a young woman. I could hear high heels clicking on the street - if you really saw my street you would wonder how this could be. She kept calling, "Tony! Tony!" I had visions of Tony having rolled down the hill in front of my house and wound up in our pool. All I could think of was,

"I SURE HOPE THAT TONY IS A CAT!"

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You would think that since I live in NYC I would have some crazy New Years story, truth is I don't
! Theres always some crazy, loud, idiots around, but nothing stands out as a moment! However I do have a lot of crazy other Holiday stories!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
no stories - i usually stay IN on New Year's to avoid the drunken traffic...

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was 18 and friends and i were at a friends boyfriends house for a party. It was a total washout!.

It had snowed badly for a couple of days to start with, and it had started snowing again, so my friend Lynn and i decided to go home thinking our friends bf would take us in his van because he didn't drink, but the rotten toad didn't offer, and our friend never thought to ask him either

It took us nearly an hour to walk home, and the boots we had on had 5" high spiked heels, totally unsuitable but you know, fashion and all that

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would be the year that we missed it.
At the end of 1981, I was a young Marine on fleet duty, and we were underway south of the Aleutian Islands. We crossed the international date line at about 9 PM, and skipped almost the entire day

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

At the end of 1981, I was a young Marine on fleet duty, and we were underway south of the Aleutian Islands. We crossed the international date line at about 9 PM, and skipped almost the entire day
Bummer! You got ripped off!

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This has to be the worst New Years yet. DH and I just got into a big fight and things don't look good at all.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

Thank you...this has been long coming. I am just done crying....not sure what comes after that.
Unfortunately it looks like it's about midnight where you are.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well since most are sharing bad times, I remember one that wasn't (well, I remember some of it, and what I do remember was fun....I think)

When I was a SR. in high school, a few friends and I went to NYC to watch the ball drop. I don't remember much of the trip there, just lots of alcohol, pot and acid (I was just a kid, don't hold it against me
)

We were partying at the big apple and watch the new year come and every one was partying in the streets and every where, it was such fun, then some silly moron light off an m-80 and it ended up near my friend Ericka and it blow her shoe up (and almost her foot, LOL!) I just remember her walking around all night with her shoe flapping at the seem it was like a mouth on her foot, just flopping when she walked. We ended up in some back alley in the middle of who knows where and there was some people with one of those fires in a big barrel, and we decided to "cremate" Erickas' shoe for some reason. So we said a few words for it and tossed it in. She walked around the rest of the night in freezing tempature with one shoe on and the other had been killed, untill about 3 in the morning when we realized we didn't have a place to stay and none of us could obviously drive back to maine at this point and the 6 or 7 of us camped out piled in a little car to sleep. At about 6 am a cop woke us up knocking on the window with his flash lite asking "whats in the gatorade bottle?" As if we remembered
We were parked in the middle of a one way street facing the wrong way.
They told us to get our "asses home" and we drove back to maine at about 6:30 am

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

Well since most are sharing bad times, I remember one that wasn't (well, I remember some of it, and what I do remember was fun....I think)

When I was a SR. in high school, a few friends and I went to NYC to watch the ball drop. I don't remember much of the trip there, just lots of alcohol, pot and acid (I was just a kid, don't hold it against me
)

We were partying at the big apple and watch the new year come and every one was partying in the streets and every where, it was such fun, then some silly moron light off an m-80 and it ended up near my friend Ericka and it blow her shoe up (and almost her foot, LOL!) I just remember her walking around all night with her shoe flapping at the seem it was like a mouth on her foot, just flopping when she walked. We ended up in some back alley in the middle of who knows where and there was some people with one of those fires in a big barrel, and we decided to "cremate" Erickas' shoe for some reason. So we said a few words for it and tossed it in. She walked around the rest of the night in freezing tempature with one shoe on and the other had been killed, untill about 3 in the morning when we realized we didn't have a place to stay and none of us could obviously drive back to maine at this point and the 6 or 7 of us camped out piled in a little car to sleep. At about 6 am a cop woke us up knocking on the window with his flash lite asking "whats in the gatorade bottle?" As if we remembered
We were parked in the middle of a one way street facing the wrong way.
They told us to get our "asses home" and we drove back to maine at about 6:30 am
That's an awesome story Leslye. I'm so surprised at you (not)! New Year's Eve has never done much for me. I was 8 and 9 years older than my brother and sister, so I was always the designated babysitter. And so I never got too much into NYE. Right now the hubby and I are watching TV and both kids are somewhere else. Oh well, the furkids (all 7) are here!

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For the millennium New Year celebration, my psycho ex-boyfriend and I decided to go to Disneyland. We wanted to do something different but that didn't cost much, so we headed south to Disneyland. That was a bad idea on multiple levels!

First, Mike was upset that Disneyland didn't sell alcoholic beverages, so he threw a tantrum and totally embarrassed me. Then he grew increasingly enraged and threw my camera at me. As expected, the camera (which he bought as a holiday present for me several weeks earlier) broke. These gangsters standing nearby even commented that he was an asshole.

Second, Disneyland was so crowded, that it eventually sold out. The staff had no choice but to turn people away at 2 PM. I think the capacity of Disneyland is approximately 60,000-80,000 people, so you guys can imagine what a nightmare that was. Naturally, the lines were so long that we barely could go on any of the rides until 10 PM or later.

Third, it started to pour like crazy. We bought these Mickey Mouse ponchos but we got soaking wet.

Fourth, by the time midnight rolled around, it was a huge disappointment. The staff pushed everyone into the Main Square area and roped all the other lands closed. It was so crowded and unorganized. People were hanging off the trees and drinking alcohol in flasks. I thought we would get trampled to death. There was no entertainment or anything. The countdown to midnight was a big letdown. I just wanted to go home at that point. After midnight came and went, the crowd started pushing and acted crazy.

Never again!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Blast-Off-Girl

For the millennium New Year celebration, my psycho ex-boyfriend and I decided to go to Disneyland. We wanted to do something different but that didn't cost much, so we headed south to Disneyland. That was a bad idea on multiple levels!

First, Mike was upset that Disneyland didn't sell alcoholic beverages, so he threw a tantrum and totally embarrassed me. Then he grew increasingly enraged and threw my camera at me. As expected, the camera (which he bought as a holiday present for me several weeks earlier) broke. These gangsters standing nearby even commented that he was an asshole.

Second, Disneyland was so crowded, that it eventually sold out. The staff had no choice but to turn people away at 2 PM. I think the capacity of Disneyland is approximately 60,000-80,000 people, so you guys can imagine what a nightmare that was. Naturally, the lines were so long that we barely could go on any of the rides until 10 PM or later.

Third, it started to pour like crazy. We bought these Mickey Mouse ponchos but we got soaking wet.

Fourth, by the time midnight rolled around, it was a huge disappointment. The staff pushed everyone into the Main Square area and roped all the other lands closed. It was so crowded and unorganized. People were hanging off the trees and drinking alcohol in flasks. I thought we would get trampled to death. There was no entertainment or anything. The countdown to midnight was a big letdown. I just wanted to go home at that point. After midnight came and went, the crowd started pushing and acted crazy.

Never again!
Wow! So much for fairy tales! That is a big "S" on the "Suck-O-Meter"!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My worst one was when I got the measles at Christmas. I had already had the measles twice, but I don't seem to be completely immune to them.

My friend insisted that I couldn't stay home alone, so she dragged me to church with her for midnight mass. That was a first for me for New Year's!

On the way there I found $10.00 in the parking lot that we parked in.
I put it in the offering plate.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

Cool story! Also, I didn't know your were a Marine--that's wonderful (my DH was one, too.) Thank you for serving, and Happy New Year!

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm...lets see...I remember one year(well most of it) that was pretty fun. I was a senior in high school and went over to my friends house for a party. The party its self was a BIG bust but we still had some fun. The highlight of the evening(at least while sober) was meeting someone who I would have a crush on for pretty much the next year but I was 18 at the time and she was 14 so nothing ever happened. At about 11 the parents passed out drinks to everyone including there hyper active 11 year old son...I remember fearing for my life that night. When he is hyper he gets violent so yeah...knocking out this kids frontal lobe with alchol isn't the best idea. He ended up drinking an entire bottle of wine and passing out on the floor. I remember waking up the next morning spooning my friend mike, wondering to my self why...and then getting up with a hang over and having to drive to pick up one of my other friends. I looked like hell and smelt like booze(thanks to the 11 year old who poured a few beers on me while I was sleeping). Thank god I didn't get pulled over.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
funniest:

about 6 years ago, me and a bunch of friends decided to glow clubbing in NYC for NYE, we all made a pact that we were going to find someone we thought was cute,so we can have someone to kiss when the ball dropped, so i find mine, i go over start flirting and dancing with him...things are going great, he offers me a lemon drop shot so we go do the shot, go back to the dancefloor, and by this time im totally wasted, well the ball dropped and we kissed and right after that i puked all over him!!!! he got this really disgusted look on his face, and my friend joanna says to him, oh dont worry its dark in here LMAO!!!
of corse i didnt see him for the rest of the night and sitting down puking my guts up begging the bouncers to not kick me out, i bet you its def his WORST nye story!