Blah to New Years Eve!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Who else is sitting at home with nothing planned for tonight?

We had planned to go to Yosemite to stay in a friends cabin, but changed our minds at the last minute - I have study to do, DH had a doctors appointment this morning, and we just couldn't have been bothered

Other friends had invited us to join them on a boat on the bay to watch the fireworks which included food and drinks, but it was $200/ticket! I'm not THAT excited about NYE!

So we're planning to get a BBQ chicken, watch a movie and hopefully get to bed before midnight.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to get all excited about New Year's Eve in my younger days, but now I'd rather just stay home with my babies and chill out.
Besides, there are too many drunk drivers & dopeheads driving around now-a-days. I'd rather play it safe and live to be another year older.

My s/o will most likely go to bed before midnight anyway, so I'll probably be spending most of it at TCS!

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i have to work overnight, but if i didnt i would probably be hanging at home with the cats, drinking until the hubby got home from work. Nothing special...............HAPPY NEW YEAR!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For the first time in years i've told friends that i'm not coming out for new years eve.

When i was with Gil we would stand for 3-4 hours in the freezing cold with our drinks in the village with a band playing, but really all i wanted to do was be in the warmth, so that's exactly what i've done this year and it's been great!!!

Theres too much hype for new year these days

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're staying in tonight as well. We have really have no friends in this area (we have one, but she already had plans tonight with other friends) so we don't have anyone to hang out with or anyone's house to go to. Our family lives 1 1/2 to 2 hours away as well. That, and we got about 6 inches of snow today and the wind is howling outside. We went out to a couple stores and it was soo cold. I wouldn't want to go back out if I did have plans, it's so cold out!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We usually stay home. I'll probably be asleep before midnight
Dh will try to stay up but he'll be snoozing on the couch
. We are such an exciting bunch

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm making homemade chicken salad for DH and watching The Fellowship of the Ring for about the hundredth time. I am just happy not to be the nurse on duty at the jail tonight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did take a 1 1/2 hour nap this afternoon so I could stay awake until midnight. It was either nap, or do my assignment. Tough choice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

I'm making homemade chicken salad for DH and watching The Fellowship of the Ring for about the hundredth time. I am just happy not to be the nurse on duty at the jail tonight.
Oooh I was thinking of watching Lord of the Rings for the gazillionth time too!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep! I am sooo over the New Year celebrations! Living in NYC, I have already gone through the celebrating with people years ago, and now prefer to stay at home with Maia! Even if I'm not watching the TV, you can hear everyone outside countdown and cheering when the new year hits...................Why do people cheer? I mean really, most don't even try to keep their new years resolutions, and it's a pain in the butt to remember changing the year every time you have to fill out a form!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm with you, sarahp. We thought about going into the city, but changed our minds. For one thing, I spent a good bit of time shoveling snow today, and I'm cold and tired! For another, I've never been a big New Year's person.

Just a couple of years ago, the SO and I went into the city for New Year's Eve. Believe me, we like to have a drink now and then, but we were pretty grossed out by the people we saw vomiting when we took the train home! I'm getting too old for that.

We just had a nice dinner, and now we're watching movies...that's enough revelry for me right now!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we have 10:15 dinner reservations at a nice local restaurant where we spent New Year's Eve last year and it was really nice. That way, you can stay until midnight and not have to drink all night since it takes them forever to serve you at that time. They have a jazz band, too.

Jen was supposed to hang out with friends but the plans fell through. Ben can stay alone which is not a problem.

George texted Jen (she is at work at Barnes and Noble until 7 pm) if she wanted to come with us if there was room. She hasn't responded yet.

I am not in to going out tonight. George really wants to and I don't know why. I am hoping that the restaurant can't take Jen because then I can say I don't want to go. It is foggy and cold out there tonight.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have bad cramps and am staying home.
We will have fondue and french bread around 12.
We had thought about taking the New Years Eve train but I was afraid I would get my period and get sick.
We have Baileys Irish Cream and Egg Nog also.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're staying in too. We live in a large college town and there are far too many college kids out and about that are most likely dominating the downtown area being drunk and loud, not my kind of fun anymore
Even if we wanted to go out, the bars and restaurants are so full and busy that its not even enjoyable! Plus, I'm afraid of all the drunken drivers that are all over too

We are just having tacos for dinner and then watching some movies
Harley is cuddled up next to me on a fleece blanket, just the way I want to bring in the new year!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just got in from a little get-together with some of Dottie's workmates. Good nachos, potent margaritas, and interesting talk. Left early. Now I'm talking to you!

Sounds good to me.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We stay home and cook up lots of goodies. We spread the goodies over the evening and just munch and rest, munch and rest.

I just finished making scallops with broccoli. Hubby is going to make shrimp in a garlic wine sauce over rice in about an hour or so. We've had cheese and pate trays and cheese curds.

We have a bowl of fresh fruit - mangoes, apricots, black cherries, blackberries, blueberries all cut up together which we'll have over angel food cake for dessert.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I got up at 4:30 am, I don't think I'll make it up until midnight, even though I had a little nap. Thankfully, we live out in the boonies...no close neighbors, so we shouldn't be woken up by noise. But you never know!

Actually we kind of left New Years Eve Celebrations behind along time ago. They turned into birthday celebrations when I had a baby on New Years Eve. A baby that wasn't due until the middle of March! Yikes!

Today that 'baby' is 23 years old!

Happy Birthday Will!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Oooh I was thinking of watching Lord of the Rings for the gazillionth time too!
I've been thinking of putting that on too. I was going to rent a video on demand movie, but nothing they offer at the moment looks interesting.

I'm just having some Chinese food, a Diet Coke and vegging out. I don't do much else on New Year's. In my younger days I used to get all excited and spend hundreds of dollars on clothing and entertainment. But now I can't be bothered and I'm usually in bed long before midnight. Plus I have to work tomorrow.