Kitty got worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank God my boss was still here because he took us, but we just had to rush Kitty in to the vets

When I got in from work he seemed ok, he ate some dry food and a little bit of wet ( Susan, I found that food in a shop near me! I bought a small bag to introduce it into his old food.) then I had to pop out again.

I came back an hour later and he had 2 coughing fits and was breathing really heavy in between and wheezing really bad. He threw up liquid twice and then crashed out on the kitchen floor panting.

So, I scoop him up and when we got to the vets ( luckily just a 10 min drive ) he started straining to poo but just a few drips came out. He was still struggling to breath when we went in and started open mouth breathing whilst dribbling poo all over the exam table

So, they have kept him for the time being to sedate him and x-ray his chest and abdomen. Do bloods and urine. She said she can`t say until the x-rays are done but she doesn`t think this is because of a furball and she is very worried about his breathing. She also said he may have fluid in his lungs.

I`m just waiting for a phone call to see what showes up and if he needs to stay he will have to be transported to the night clinic.

Come on
Kitty
We need you!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, how terrifying.

I hope he is ok...please do keep us posted.

Kitty feel better soon, please don't be anything too serious and heal up fast

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Oh no Linny, how scary for you

Many prayers and vibes for Kitty to get better soon
sending Kitty some & , & some
for you...

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Linny you must be beside yourself

Sending so many prayers and vicbes that Kitty will be ok

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all, thank you all so much

Secondly, it doesn`t look good. I`ve just been to get him as they said he will be more relaxed at home. He is pretty zonked out from the sedation anyway.

They took x-rays and his chest is very abnormal. She thinks it is cancer.

So tomorrow morning we have to go to a refferal center so they can do a ct scan and confirm this or find out what the mass in his chest is.

My boss is taking us and lending me the money for which I`m eternally grateful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks

He`s fast asleep by my feet now

I`ve got his notes here because I need to take them with us tomorrow and it says possible mediastinal mass. I`ve just read a bit on a vetinary website and his symptoms are pretty much the same.

But, you never know. I can`t believe Kitty could be so ill and hide it for so long.

Oh God. You know something. The last few days he has been standing and a few times layed on my lap
This is NOT normal for him at all but I just thought how nice that he was getting more cuddly and I thought when he gets old he will be a real lap cat. Maybe he was trying to tell me something?

Oh, Susan. Yes, insurance should cover it. We will have clocked up £500 by tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.