Nova looking for kitten

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our first feral kitten went home tonight. Nova retreats to the bedroom when strange people are here, so that's where she was when our feral kitten was picked up by the new owner.

For the past couple of weeks, Nova has been camping out by the bathroom door, chattering at the kitten. Whenever I opened the bathroom door, they would see and try to play with each other. They never really got to play together because the kitten had Giardia and her fecal exam wasn't clear until this morning.

Now, Nova is staring at the door and crying. She looked behind the door, and stuck her paws underneath it... trying to find the kitten. I feel so bad for her, I didn't know she'd miss the kitten so much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

She wants another cat to play with her.
Does your place allow more then one cat?
Yes, we're allowed more than one here. It's something I'll definitely consider once things are a bit more settled. We've got two other fosters at the moment, so I wouldn't adopt a cat until they're adopted out. Also, finances are a bit uncertain- I'm supposed to graduate sometime this year, my savings is drained because my car (13 yrs old) broke down and I just bought another, and my mom's cat might need surgery (which I would pay for). Our lease is up in June, by then I'll know if I'll be sticking around and if I can afford another kitty.
Also, I would need to convince my SO.
We have several other pets already and he's the one who takes care of them when I travel for work/school.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
May you will get lucky and get a job when you finish school.
I am trying to convince steve to let me get a small dog but he says no.
I hope your moms cat will be ok.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

May you will get lucky and get a job when you finish school.
I am trying to convince steve to let me get a small dog but he says no.
I hope your moms cat will be ok.
I hope so too. He was originally my cat. I moved in with a friend to be close to school about half a year before I was done with undergrad. During that time, my mom's rent went up so she moved to senior housing. When I graduated, I couldn't go back home and my friend's mom wanted to rent the house out to a family (she'd get more rent money that way) so I went to live with my dad. I could have taken Grim (the cat) with me, but he had such a hard time adjusting when my mom changed apartments that I thought it best to leave him where he was. He has a lump on his leg. I'm taking him in next week to get it checked out.
He's 10 years old.