Question of the Day 12/30/08

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think Britni has been around yet today
so I'll go ahead and post the question!

Since the new New Year's is coming up, what resolutions did you make last year that you are re-making this year?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To make an anual check up in general...
( and of course if that means Diet and else,...well I figured should I have do it....
...)

I have been avoiding about it....

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually I followed throw on my resolution for last year which was to decrease my workload and make more time for my family and friends. Not sure if I am going to do a resolution this year, I am fairly happy with the way things are.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't make New Year's resolutions and really have never done so. I just think it is silly to only to resolve to do better only at this time and not something that you shouldn't be doing all year long.

That being said, I wish for happy things in the New Year which aren't necessarily in my control I wish that Ben has a better year (somewhat under my control), that we have a rainy season, that my Mom health stays the same, and that Jenny gets a job when she graduates from college this May.

Oh! I wish that I would win the lottery this year.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont really do the resolution thing, but Rob and I are talking about getting into shape and figure the new year is a good place to start. I want to tone and he wants to lose some weight.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am making completely new resolutions this year, not re-using any.

I resolve to go skydiving and to make my hubby take ballroom dancing lessons with me!

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Not really a resolution, more of a re-resolution since I fell off the bandwagon in Fall - just get back in the habit of eating healthier and orking out at least 3 times a week (gym is 2 steps from work and membership is dirt cheap because of work so I really have no excuse
)

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't make any last year, but I hope to keep eating better and less so I can lose the 45 more pounds I need to get to! So far, I have lost 5 1/2 pounds since the beginning of December!

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
to continue eating healthy and drop a few pounds, thats always what it is...i love eating healthy but every year around thanksgiving til the end of the year i go nuts
but its all good, as long as i get back on track.

also i think im going to tr

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will continue my resolution(s) from last year. I joined the fitness center at work, and lost some weight, toned up nicely, and improved my cholesterol levels. I wavered a little, but never really broke them. So my resolution is to continue the good work.

I also met with a financial adviser last spring, to help me start putting my ducks in a row regarding retirement. I will be getting my Job Performance Review (JPR) in January, and plan to increase my Tax Sheltered Annuity deduction by whatever % my raise will be.

I've been flirting with the idea of going back to school (I really enjoy the learning experience.) I'm not sure if I want to go on for my MSN or just go for the fun of it into IT stuff.

What I'd rather do is emulate my cats:
Eat
Sleep
Gaze out the window
(not necessarily in that order.)

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've learned one thing over the last few years....pick one thing that you really, really want to change and make the resolution to do it, and only it. Then start with baby steps changing toward whatever it is you want to start or stop doing....by the time you're fully involved, it has already become a habit!

and as for the question......nope, not re using any of mine lol !

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
work on my handwritting...my poor students have such a hard time reading my assignments!