San Diego Cat Show, Anyone??

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://sdcf.memvac.com/
It's that time of year again -Jan. 23-24

Last year, there was the sweetest elderly lady who sold handmade, VERY inexpensive, custom made cat beds. She gets the materials by hunting yard sales, buying cheaply at WalMart, sells them at the cat show and uses the proceeds for her own one-man cat rescue

Plus, it's San Diego

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I live in Los Angeles, not all that far from San Diego. I'd like to go, but I have a real phobia about driving on the Freeway, so I'd have to catch a ride with someone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

Well, I live in Los Angeles, not all that far from San Diego. I'd like to go, but I have a real phobia about driving on the Freeway, so I'd have to catch a ride with someone.
Carpooling could be fun
I'd love to take the train but I've made 2 unexpected trips down there this month, so my budget is short. But I found out that motel rooms in Buena Park are cheaper than SD, too.
I just did a run down there yesterday/today, in fact, for my delinquent daughter. I left here at 7pm for Lancaster to hook up with her friend, who flaked on us, so had to continue down to Dana Point and then I came back up the 395 (love those tollroads that I had originally petitioned against
), getting back at 9am, in time to jump in the shower & then here to work. I'm getting good at driving those freeways - at least they are snow/ice free
It's the "cockpit errors" that scare me