So What's On the Menu Tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After days of turkey, the time has come for something a bit different so today I am making a very spicy pot of vegetarian chili. I am going to have it with some nice crusty bread, and some vanilla ice cream with brandied peaches for dessert...

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Big tossed salads with some teraki chicken on top! Maybe some texas toast to go with it. I might get creative and make a cheesecake!! What do ya'll think cheesecake or not?

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im having stacky upies. They are so good.
You all should try them

You cook rice and put it on the bottom then you put some cheese then you put chili. I use Nally's chili cause its the best. Then you put some more cheese on top of the chili. Then you put Frito's on top of the cheese. Then you put lettuce then tomatoes then sour cream on top.

They are so so so so yummy. I think people should try it and if you do let me know what you think.

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Something with italian sausage tonight, but I'm not sure what.
MMM I like italian sausage. I just cook it with rice and also cut some yellow and red peppers up and fry them with a little evoo (extra virgin Olive oil) with a little mrs dash. Not much olive oil and I cook them long enough to cook them a little but I make sure they are still crispy. I usually also make some pees and I mix it all together. Well usually I mix the sausage pees and rice then I cut the peppers into strip and set them on the side and eat them.

I Like it. I am actually looking for some different Ideas on what to do with italian sausage as well though. Have any Ideas?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by psjauntie

Big tossed salads with some teraki chicken on top! Maybe some texas toast to go with it. I might get creative and make a cheesecake!! What do ya'll think cheesecake or not?
Mmmmmm....what time is dinner? I'll be right over! (and YES cheesecake is a must!!!
)

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It'll be comfort food tonight...fried chicken, mashed potatoes, biscuits and gravy.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Krazycatlover

MMM I like italian sausage. I just cook it with rice and also cut some yellow and red peppers up and fry them with a little evoo (extra virgin Olive oil) with a little mrs dash. Not much olive oil and I cook them long enough to cook them a little but I make sure they are still crispy. I usually also make some pees and I mix it all together. Well usually I mix the sausage pees and rice then I cut the peppers into strip and set them on the side and eat them.

I Like it. I am actually looking for some different Ideas on what to do with italian sausage as well though. Have any Ideas?
I can't help you with ideas for italian sausage because usually DH just likes them on hogie rolls. Although I do slice them up and cook them up in scrambles egges and cheese and serve on a tortilla.

But, I have a question. What exactly is the difference between Olive oil, Virgin Olive oil and Extra Virgin Olive oil? Besides the price, of course.
Is it the fat content that is different? I really have no clue.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just came back from the grocery store and I got some already made HONEY CHICKEN with FRUITS AND NUTS SALAD and some cranberry relish. If Mom wants some dessert she can have some of the candy I got her.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I really hope you mean peas. Otherwise I wouldn't eat anything you cooked with pees in it.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
But, I have a question. What exactly is the difference between Olive oil, Virgin Olive oil and Extra Virgin Olive oil? Besides the price, of course.
Is it the fat content that is different? I really have no clue.[/quote]

Virgin Olive oil has no chemical treatment, Extra Virgin they cold press the olives, and has no chemical treatment. Per Wikapedi, I have also wondered what the difference was, now I know.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sounds good!

There is some kind of recipe using pasta, peppers, squash, etc. on the sausage package. I may try that. I'm not at home so don't know the details yet. I'll let you know how it turns out!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Im having stacky upies. They are so good.
You all should try them

You cook rice and put it on the bottom then you put some cheese then you put chili. I use Nally's chili cause its the best. Then you put some more cheese on top of the chili. Then you put Frito's on top of the cheese. Then you put lettuce then tomatoes then sour cream on top.

They are so so so so yummy. I think people should try it and if you do let me know what you think.
So do you make these individually or in a big pan? Just plain white rice or spanish rice? I think it sounds really good!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well we do have lots of leftover ham.....

Actually the bread I picked up at work today is Potato Cheddar Chive and I am planning on ham panini's with this bread. I got an ice cream maker for Christmas and made a batch of good flavoured vanilla ice cream for dessert. And perhaps a salad??

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm having chicken in a yogurt sauce and the husband is having spiced liver (bleck!). Both are parsi-indian dishes from my favorite cookbook of all time that I've been cooking from nonstop for the last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.