Backflips

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else's kitty do backflips when playing?

Kizzy amazes me with how high he can get when he jumps or flips.

We have this feathery wand toy, that I drag along the floor then once I reach the end I will flip it over so it lands on the opposite side.... Kizzy will do a full backflip to try and get it.

He'll try to catch it in his teeth, like a dog playing fetch.... It's quite funny.

He'll do 3-5 flips in a row, before he needs a break. (he starts panting)

I really need to try to get a video of it LOL.

marleyandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
marley does summersaults...forward and backward. we have a long hallway that i run the lazer light down and up the wall, that is where he perforns his stunt!! he will jump 5 feet onto the wall and kick himself off, it is so funny...i need a video of that too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MarleyAndMe

marley does summersaults...forward and backward. we have a long hallway that i run the lazer light down and up the wall, that is where he perforns his stunt!! he will jump 5 feet onto the wall and kick himself off, it is so funny...i need a video of that too
Karateh Kitteh LOL.....

katgoddess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tofu does the same. I've been worrying about how he might hurt his back, but he always seems so unfazed and enjoys showing off his flips

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky is either too big, too clumsy, or too much of a couch potato for that
I would LOVE to see some videos of these back flips!!!

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I get "Da Boid" out, Zane will get on his hind legs and bounce like a small, plump, grey kangaroo. However, when he jumps too high he'll overbalance and come down WHUMP! on his fat little behind. It doesn't seem to phaze him, though--he'll get right up and start doing it again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zane's Pal

When I get "Da Boid" out, Zane will get on his hind legs and bounce like a small, plump, grey kangaroo. However, when he jumps too high he'll overbalance and come down WHUMP! on his fat little behind. It doesn't seem to phaze him, though--he'll get right up and start doing it again.
LMAO....yah, Kizzy's has his OOPSES too. He's plunked down on his butt or his side....but it never phases him. The room we play in is the spare room, so theres a bed and all his toys, and a desk in it. He didn't do it on purpose but did his backflip from the floor to the bed, but didn't get all four legs on the bed
WHUMP down on his side from the bed.

I'm going to try to get a video of it.... I challenge everyone else with Ninja kitties, Karateh Kittieh, and flippin' fruitcakes to do the same

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man... I am looking after some kittens in our storefront right now who are super kewl ninja felines! The two black kittens do this mid-air leap at each other - with front legs spread like they're trying to hug and then they catch each other and land and tumble around. The smaller one does backflips and back somersaults. They had me in stitches the other day... They don't hurt each other... the bigger kitten ends up pinning the smaller one and gives him a couple of licks and then lets him up. (This kitten also grooms me!)

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat that I lost to kidney failure not quite 2 years ago name was Flip and that is exactly how he got his name. It took about 2 weeks for me to come up with his name but after watching him doing back flips try to get to his toys that is the name I gave him.
He was a great little guy whom I had for 14 wonderful years.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jump, Flip, practically fly... Yea Spooky does that for his Da Bird... He does occasionally flip into a wall or something though, but always gets back up and goes after it again. He'll do this for 30 minutes or so before he lays on the floor panting and takes a nap!

layitdown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ricky Bobby does a TON of back flips when he's playing. He used to be very clumsy and they would be awkward flips, lol, but he's getting more graceful now. He's jumping a lot higher now and DH and I have so much fun watching him,

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's a video of ours.

Ella is a Katrina cat, and spent about 3 years in cages in various shelters. This video absolutely amazed the shelter staff, who knew her as a calm, aloof cat.