I think I'm going to go mad

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
All week we have had wind. Fortunately, no snow with it but lots and lots of wind. Last night, it was so bad that the house was shaking (I think it was 25-40 MPH gusts). It is still windy. The cats are unsettled; DH and I about 3 hours of sleep because of it. I think Mother Nature is practicing torture techniques on us.

It didn't help that I had the Wizard of Oz story on my mind with tornadoes, flying monkeys and wicked witches.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I do feel for you, during tropical storm fay I thought I would lose my mind. I hope it calms down for you soon, Fay took about 3 days.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
the wind was rattling my place last night too, luckily me and the kitties can sleep thru anything
I hope it dies down so you all can get some rest!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Much actually slept through it. I'm usually more tolerant of the wind as it is often very windy here but this winter has been nothing but wind.

I could not imagine going through a tropical storm with all of the rain. I would be so concerned with flooding.

At least we aren't having the 70-90 MPH that the foothills to the west of us are having.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
the scariest thing ever was when the remnants of one of the hurricanes blew through our neck of the woods. Living in Northern Ohio, we get tornadoes, but nothing like those sustained winds. Knocked down one of my parents' neighbor's big trees

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The winds here have been completely crazy here as well up until early this morning when they died down. I lost my power twice on Sunday for about 7 hours total, then again last night for a couple of hours.
However, since I am in town I didn't get it as bad as my brother and sister both who have homes in out-lying areas. They have both been without power since 10 A.M. Sunday morning and Hydro One is not expecting to have everything restored until late today.
Tons of damage from the winds as well, tree's down, property damage, etc etc.
It certainly has been a wicked couple of days.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

the scariest thing ever was when the remnants of one of the hurricanes blew through our neck of the woods. Living in Northern Ohio, we get tornadoes, but nothing like those sustained winds. Knocked down one of my parents' neighbor's big trees
I remember the winds of Hurricane Ike, too.

My niece now lives in a prairie area (after growing up in our rolling hills) and she had similar problems with the windiness there.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's been a strange few days here too. We had gale force winds the other day, then again last night. Fortunately no power outages here or major damage that I've seen. I'm surprised there are no trees down though.
Sat through a cyclone once for 3 days in Fiji - not a lot of fun. Now that was windy!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had the craziest winds here the other night, and I barely got sleep. I'm sorry you have to go through today so sleep deprived!
Hopefully tonight will be quieter.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Much actually slept through it. I'm usually more tolerant of the wind as it is often very windy here but this winter has been nothing but wind.

I could not imagine going through a tropical storm with all of the rain. I would be so concerned with flooding.

At least we aren't having the 70-90 MPH that the foothills to the west of us are having.
Hey!
that would be me! I hardly got any sleep then I had to drive my daughter to DIA at 5:30 am. We lost power at 5:20 am (thank goodness we were already up), and finally got power back about an hour ago. My son built a fire, so we were cozy anyway!

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate it when it is raining as well when the wind picks up really bad..I struggle to breathe and I feel awful going out in it. So glad I have my car now!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw on the Weather Channel about the winds. In one shot, people were having to hold on to light posts.

It has been nice here. Not so much in the way of wind or rain in the forecast.