Another ultrasound, another baby

klaidman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes the title is correct. I went in for another ultrasound today as I am high risk carrying multiples. They wanted to make sure everything was okay considering. I have been having some slight problems which I won't mention here in case of any squeamish. But if you have children and/or are expecting I'm sure you know what I mean.
Well during the ultrasound there was the usual tracking heartbeats.Placed the thing on my stomach and said something isn't right here. I asked "like, what do you mean?" I was told " Nothing serious, just hear an extra heart beat. Could just be yours.". That calmed a little. But then he said look another head. I'm like, "WHAT!!?? Another head? One one body? So I am going to have a baby with 2 heads?". He told me to calm down. CALM DOWN? CALM DOWN? You tell a pregnant woman to calm down after saying you found another head? Geesh! Well he then says, he sees a forth baby. A FORTH BABY!! OMG! I am still in shock right now. Complete shock!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4 babies? WOW....... My mom had twins, and that I admired.... I had 2 single births, one weighing 7lbs10oz, the second weighing 11lbs even.... I can't even begin to imagine how it must feel to have more than one or two.

Just WOW is all I can say.

I wish you all the best for a healthy pregnancy. I would love to see u/s pics or preggy pics.

Do your kitties like to curl up on your belly? My Gysmo did.... he'd snuggle right on top of my belly, knead at it and sleep... till baby kicked, then he'd knead where it kicked LOL.

I think I'm in shock for you LOL... 4 babies... just WOW.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klaidman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

4 babies? WOW....... My mom had twins, and that I admired.... I had 2 single births, one weighing 7lbs10oz, the second weighing 11lbs even.... I can't even begin to imagine how it must feel to have more than one or two.

Just WOW is all I can say.

I wish you all the best for a healthy pregnancy. I would love to see u/s pics or preggy pics.

Do your kitties like to curl up on your belly? My Gysmo did.... he'd snuggle right on top of my belly, knead at it and sleep... till baby kicked, then he'd knead where it kicked LOL.

I think I'm in shock for you LOL... 4 babies... just WOW.
Snow loves to sleep curled up on top of my belly. As do Jasmine and Celine. It's funny when all 3 try to sleep together on my belly. I haven't uploaded any of the newest u/s pictures yet. As for belly pictures? I won't be taking any.
I do not like how fat I look already. I know it's only because of being pregnant and all. But I don't like the way I look pregnant. I love being pregnant don't get me wrong.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by klaidman

Snow loves to sleep curled up on top of my belly. As do Jasmine and Celine. It's funny when all 3 try to sleep together on my belly. I haven't uploaded any of the newest u/s pictures yet. As for belly pictures? I won't be taking any.
I do not like how fat I look already. I know it's only because of being pregnant and all. But I don't like the way I look pregnant. I love being pregnant don't get me wrong.
No worries at all
Would love to see the u/s pics when you get them

I just can't imagine being preggers with more than one... I think I would have fainted if either of mine had shown 2 heads LOL.

Again CONGRATS.

Hmmm, I think when you are furthur along, there will be plenty of room for all three kitties on your belly.... 3 kitties protecting 4 babies... that should work well

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember your last thread and thinking "sheesh, she's having a litter"
It seems true! Just think, four times the... everything.

klaidman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I remember your last thread and thinking "sheesh, she's having a litter"
It seems true! Just think, four times... everything.
I guess thats what happens when you live on a farm.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Were you drinking/eating hormones..( this is a joke
)

Congrates ... how far along are you ??

klaidman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Were you drinking/eating hormones..( this is a joke
)

Congrates ... how far along are you ??
I am 16 weeks. My ticker is in the first post

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy CR#P!!!!! Four??? That is so amazing. You take care of yourself you hear? You may be on bed rest and all that.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whoa!! FOUR!! That's out of this world, congrats, congrats, congrats and congrats!

You don't have to answer if its too personal... but was it by artificial insemination? I heard that artificial insemination will have a higher chance of multiple pregnancies, but I'm not absolutely sure if that's a fact.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! I think there's something like one chance in about 665,000 of having quadruplets, and TCS already has a member with quads, Lore. Hers are five now, if I remember correctly.

Can you imagine the publicity that TCS would get if the media discovered the site had two members with quads?

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
QUADS!!!! That's incredible
I can't even begin to imagine how managing four babies at one time will be organised. I found one at a time more than enough

Many many vibes for strong babies and a trouble free pregnancy for you

Congratulations to you and hubby

ETA - I'd give up on the ultrasounds if I were you - they seem to make your offspring multiply!

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy Cow! Four babies?? CONGRATULATIONS! That's all I can think to say

Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy too!

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baby Wukong...

Artificial insemination doesn't really increase the chances of multiples, unless there are multiple ripened follicles (eggs) waiting for the little swimmers. Now fertility treatments will definitely increase the number of eggs. Whether or not "these quads" were the result of intervention or of a "spontaneous nature" is unknown unless Klaidman decides to divulge those details.

Klaidman: Four babies...and it took 3 ultrasounds to find them all. That's one heck of a rollercoaster---bet you find it all hard to believe!

Best of luck!

Cally

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow! Congratulations

A friend of mine is pregnant right now too ( just the one baby! ) and it kinda got me broody so I was watching the baby videos on YouTube and I watched a few with multiple births. The way the babies interact is so adorable

Good luck with everything