Lily, Tolly, Felicity and Adelaide

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today we had a kind of family photo shoot. I was trying out a new lens, it's a slow lens and the light was bad all day (drat these cloudy, dismal, short winter days), so forgive the photography if some of them are a bit off.

Adelaide was keeping me company while I photographed birds at the feeder - she even gave me a sweet little miaow when the birdies got more attention than she did

Felicity opted for spending the day in daughter's room - it was too cold to be outside

Lily and Tolly, having far less fluff than the other kitties, chose a spot by the fire instead. Well, Lily was there first, doing her cute little pre-yawn mouth open thing (it goes on for about 30 seconds)

Soon (yawn) it was far too cosy to stay awake (yawn) and she nodded off

Until......oh-oh who's this????

It's Tolly saying "Phew, Lily, you don't smell so good"

You need a bath

But Lily disagrees - he's wrong isn't he mum - how could he not think that I'm perfect

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww Beth their brilliant
What sweet little faces they all have

Love the ones of Lily with her paws around Tolly's neck

You've just reminded be to fill the bird feeders up with some more fat balls tomorrow!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the scowling expression on Adelaide's face!

And the pics of L and T are adorable!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What great shots, especially the last close up of Lily's face. I love Adelaide's facial expression, looks like she's miffed
Felicity looks super content and pleased with herself, and Lily & Tolly and gorgeous as ever

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you Jennifer, Sarah and Mackenzie

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Awwww Beth their brilliant
What sweet little faces they all have

Love the ones of Lily with her paws around Tolly's neck

You've just reminded be to fill the bird feeders up with some more fat balls tomorrow!
The paws around the neck thing is so that she has him in a headlock in case Tolly gets a bit carried away. Sometimes he just gives her a wash and then settles down to sleep. Sometimes, he starts off washing and ends up bulldozing her around the floor. She's learned that if she has him in a headlock she can start the bunny-kicking sooner and deal with him

Our seed feeder needs filling twice a day at the moment - we have a flock of sparrows and families of Blue Tits, Great Tits and Coal Tits; we also have a host of starlings, so we put out a huge fat block for them as they demolish it in not time.

Originally Posted by AddieBee

I love the scowling expression on Adelaide's face!

And the pics of L and T are adorable!
Poor Addie is perpetually scared - she is a former feral/stray and always very worried. She wants to be near, but is scared by the slightest movement.

Originally Posted by BabyWukong

What great shots, especially the last close up of Lily's face. I love Adelaide's facial expression, looks like she's miffed
Felicity looks super content and pleased with herself, and Lily & Tolly and gorgeous as ever
Felicity is always pleased with herself. Since Tippy died, she and daughter have adopted each other and, as daughter has two rooms upstairs, Felicity is now super-pleased that this means that SHE has two rooms as well

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What beautiful photos! I want to kiss Felicity's nose and just wave a magic wand so Adelaide knows she doesn't need to be afraid and would let herself enjoy being picked up and loved all over!

Laurie

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

There's my Lily! Well,.........your Lily, but I'll take her right now, just say the word.
I reckon you might just have to live your life with Lily vicariously through photos

Originally Posted by Bella713

Great pics
I LOVE ADELAIDE, what a face
She is such a cutie - how anybody could have made her so scared I'll never know. I often wonder whether she has any exotic breeding in her background. Her fur is so soft and plush; her face isn't flat, but she doesn't have a very long, prominent nose and she has the cutest little spoon shaped tongue. I don't mind what she is, she is gorgeous, but I do often wonder.

Originally Posted by DawnofSierra

Adelaide, Felicity, Lily, and Tolly, you're SO GORGEOUS!
These are fantastic, Beth, thank you for the family photos!!!
Thank you Auntie Stephanie

Originally Posted by LDG

What beautiful photos! I want to kiss Felicity's nose and just wave a magic wand so Adelaide knows she doesn't need to be afraid and would let herself enjoy being picked up and loved all over!

Laurie
Felicity is such a soft little fluffball, she's gorgeous. Purrs like an engine and just loves to be fussed.

Addie is so much better than she used to be. She will let me just scoop her up now and carry her around. She always comes out with me to put the chickens to bed and night and has a lovely long fuss. On really cold evenings, I take the opportunity to bring her in and close all the doors so that she stays warm, but I can't do that too often otherwise she'll follow me but won't let me near her (she doesn't like the outside door to the conservatory being closed).

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I love the photo shoot! I hope yours don't catch the birds like my Sophie!
Thank you Sam
The girls are far too lazy to worry about the birds
Felicity doesn't bother about them at all -she used to when she was little, but the bell on her collar scared the birds away long before she could reach them.

Addie is the birds' best friend
She hangs around with the chickens all day and they keep each other company. Even when the chickens spend the day in the run, Addie settles down on the bit of garden next to them. If another scary cat comes into the garden, the chickens scare it away for her

Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

FLA&T are just as gorgeous as ever.........
Awww thank you Susie

Originally Posted by Miss Mew

We need to see more pics of Adelaide
That face just makes my heart melt
Thank you Tracy
She is such a sweetie - but such a scaredy cat so she's very difficult to photograph, I will stand more chance in the better weather when I'm in the garden more and she comes to me then.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww! Look at them!
I haven't seen that many pictures of Adelaide...she got the most kissable face!