For any of those who dabble with aromatherapy

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all i have a question about insomnia blends. I've just made one from Aniseed (was actually recommended as a tea but seeing as i have the oil and not the tea i thought i'd throw it in), mandarin, clary sage, chamomile, lavendar, sandalwood and petitgrain as a burner blend, and also put it into a hemp balm for the temples. I didn't make a huge amount because i didn't want to waste any in case i'm unsuccessful. I have made blends in the past for certain ailments such as cold/flu and energising blends etc.

Has anyone used these combinations before? I have a billion natural therapy books and all of these oils were reccomended for insomnia specifically. Also listed was vetiver, marjoram and lemon, but i do not have those atm and didn't want to overload on oil.

I am making it for Tristan, but i will test it out in my oil burner and find out if it relaxes me or not tonight.

Can you tell me of any successful insomnia/restlessness mixes you have used?

Now the second part, just a general thing about aromatherapy. Who here dabbles in it, or actually does natural therapy as a job and what are your tips, pros and cons on certain oils and mixes for those of us who may not know as much? Also have you invented your own mix as a perfume or burner blend that you are utterly proud of and can share with us?

god my hands smell good

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, but i worked for a health clinic for two weeks, and some stuff seems to work on patients, it actually only works for patients who believe in it!

I loved the frangipani blend they made though hmm!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Nope, but i worked for a health clinic for two weeks, and some stuff seems to work on patients, it actually only works for patients who believe in it!

I loved the frangipani blend they made though hmm!
Well of the different blends i've used, not all work for me. I just go by nose. Tristan is the same i think. He will try anything, he doesn't just grab the first thing that says will fixes his sleep problems, but i do believe the oils have some health benifits. And if certain smells work with certain moods, then it can't all just be about the mental part of it can it?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find it a bit interesting that anyone can actually be relaxed by or use scents to help to get to sleep. I suspect I may actually have a chemical sensitivity as far as scents go, and even things that should be pleasant smelling can be extremely irritating (I cough, gag, bad headache, ect).

You may also want to look into melatonin and proper lighting in the evening. While the scents may relax him this could help tell his brain that it's time to sleep soon.