Izzy the cat and Lola the new kitten, problems

bunnybee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,

Izzy is a grey tabby about 2 years old, and I found him as a kitten wandering in the alley. He's always slept right next to me in bed, and when I am on the sofa cuddled up to me frequently.

He used to play with the neighbor cats, but they moved, and now there are no cats in the neighborhood, he seemed very lonely, so I adopted a new kitten from the shelter about 10 days ago. She's 2 months old and her name is Lola.

For the first 2 days, Izzy was very angry, hissing, growling, etc. I separated them a few times a day so he could have a break from Lola, who is very playful.

Then he seemed to warm up to her, and I even found them sleeping together a couple of times, as seen in this picture

The past few days he's seeming annoyed again, and won't snuggle up to me at all. If I try to pet him he gets mad, and starts flipping his tail around and leaves. I really miss him and wish he would snuggle with me like he used to.

Do you think this is permanent? Or do you think he is just going through a stage? Is there anything I can do?

Thank you so much for your help!

Heidi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bunnybee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh I'm sorry this is a duplicate post, the original one is below, Mods please delete this one!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First let me say that the picture of the two of them is absolutely adorable! Almost as if to make you jealous! I would give him time, he obviously has taken a liking to the kitten, but he may still be upset with you bringing the kitten in to the home. Just reassure him he is loved as much as ever and give him time.......

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you introduce them slowly?
When Coco was 10 she met Meeko for the first time.
Meeko was 2 then..
She was the one that hissed and growled.
Coco never did.
I just got a new kitten Dec 10th and they are all friends already.
Meeko has not hissed or growled at the last 2 kittens I got.
Give your cat time.
Sasha hissed at Oreo when I got her and they are good friends now.
No one hissed or anything at my new kitten.
I guess I am lucky.
My brother has problems with his cats.
He has to have them in seperate rooms.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bunnybee

Oh I'm sorry this is a duplicate post, the original one is below, Mods please delete this one!
People had already replied to both threads, so I just merged the two of them