Not exactly a fur picture!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We visited the National Cowboy Museum in OKC this week. Here's a really impressive cat!

It's a sculpture entitled "Canyon Princess," and it's twice life-size, almost 15 feet from nose to tail. And it weighs 8 tons!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is massive! I can`t believe how big it is from the picture, it must be really impressive in the flesh, so to speak

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For scale, my head came just up to the front paws!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful sculpture
Honestly, the last real cougar that I saw (it was on the side of the highway at 3am, sitting patiently waiting to cross the road), it seemed to me like it was 15 feet big too
but when I stopped for him, he trotted across, wearing his radio collar, looking like a gigantic kitty-cat

layitdown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is so beautiful! I want one for my living room, a scaled down version of course!
Beautiful scuplture.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a beautiful sculpture. I remember seeing a Mountain Lion taking just that stance when we were touring Colorado. It was climbing down a rocky outcrop by the side of the road near Grand Lake - it was one of the most beautiful natural sights that I've seen. Mind you, there was a school nearby, so the Sherriff was keeping a close eye on what the cat was doing.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that's an awe-inspiring sculpture!

Originally Posted by catsknowme

Beautiful sculpture
Honestly, the last real cougar that I saw (it was on the side of the highway at 3am, sitting patiently waiting to cross the road), it seemed to me like it was 15 feet big too
but when I stopped for him, he trotted across, wearing his radio collar, looking like a gigantic kitty-cat
I can't imagine seeing such an impressive animal in the wild, I think I'd be gushing about it for days and days! So cute how it was sitting patiently waiting to cross the road, and
that you stopped for him to cross

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have seen a few in the wild, including one in Yellowstone National Park. The tail is actually much longer, but the requirements of sculpting don't allow realism in that respect.