It's only a three day week...it's only a three day week...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is anyone else trying to psych themselves up to go to work tomorrow?

My job moved the week before this last one and I was fortunate enough to have all of Christmas week off. With the move; my commute has changed dramatically (though I am thankful to have my job! Don't get me wrong there!!) Also my co-worker is no longer with us, making me the only employee besides the doctor's wife. It's all adding up to me really not looking forward to work like I had been.
Not that I was excited to get up every morning before, it's just different there now.

Sometimes I'm glad to see the holiday madness end; I just want a few more days to not think about work.
I can hear a little voice in the back of my head reminding me that we must work to live the lives we have....

Please tell me I'm not the only one feeling this way tonight!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Is anyone else trying to psych themselves up to go to work tomorrow?

My job moved the week before this last one and I was fortunate enough to have all of Christmas week off. With the move; my commute has changed dramatically (though I am thankful to have my job! Don't get me wrong there!!) Also my co-worker is no longer with us, making me the only employee besides the doctor's wife. It's all adding up to me really not looking forward to work like I had been.
Not that I was excited to get up every morning before, it's just different there now.

Sometimes I'm glad to see the holiday madness end; I just want a few more days to not think about work.
I can hear a little voice in the back of my head reminding me that we must work to live the lives we have....

Please tell me I'm not the only one feeling this way tonight!
Last Monday, DW had surgery on her right foot. Wednesday, I followed suit. It seems like everybody is trying to get any last minute surgeries in before the end of the insurance year. The hospitals were overflowing with people working surgeries in. Tomorrow will just be another day closer to recovery for us. We are so fortunate to have a loving family that are taking care of all our needs. Most of our family is in medical related fields and so everybody worked last Friday and will be working this coming Friday. As far as New Year's Day is concerned, that is either celebrated by our family on March 20 or 21 (varies). But congratulations on your three day week!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yikes that's no fun! Hope you and your DW can take care of each other easily enough!! I think your right about people rushing to get their surgeries done! I know my Aunt is always extra busy at the hospital this time of year it seems. It's been that way as long as I can remember. I know that side of my family celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve because of her work schedule as well as my cousin's (an OR nurse) and her boyfriend (a firefighter). My co-worker who just left our office had her lap-band surgery last Monday too.

I've never had a job before where they gave me the holiday's off (not with pay) before. I have taken a week off at Christmas time though. I guess it doesn't matter when you take some time away from work; it's always hard to go back!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to gloat, but I am off until Jan 7th and enjoying spending my days at the shelter. However I think it is worse going back after two weeks at home because while the break is nice, you get too used to not dealing with work

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm right there with ya sweetie! In fact, I should be in the shower and getting ready right now (can you tell I'm excited about getting to work?
) With me, it seems like if a holiday falls in the middle of the work week the week seems even longer because I'm waiting for that extra day off. Normal weeks, I think I just get numb and don't even think about it because I'm a prisoner for 5 straight days.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeppers!

On saturday it felt like I had ages to laze around then all of a sudden, there it was. Dreaded monday morning

Everyone was so tired and eggy today

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have worked pretty much all of Christmas, and it seems never ending at the moment due to changes in the rota for the past two/three weeks. I will be glad when it's back to normal again.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Sorry to gloat, but I am off until Jan 7th and enjoying spending my days at the shelter. However I think it is worse going back after two weeks at home because while the break is nice, you get too used to not dealing with work

I'll gloat with you. I was off last week and this week. It's going to be really hard to go back to work next Monday.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm with the apathetic crowd. In fact, I'm AT work right now and I'm having a really hard time getting motivated to do anytyhing. (So here I am on TCS.) I even got a very nice award bonus from my boss today, and that still hasn't managed to motivate me.

A great big
to all the gloaters!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on your 3 day week!

I'm not so lucky. I worked Saturday, Sunday and today. I get tomorrow off. Then I work Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I get Sunday off. Then I work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday evenings then I get 3 days off. After which I work 5 days and then get a whole 6 days off

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another one here not starting back to work until the 5th! My place has closed down over the Christmas period too - with pay. My first teaching day is next Monday, but then I'm there from 10 am til 9 pm - now that's really going to take some psyching up for

For now.....I'll just pretend that it's not going to happen

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only a week until Ben goes back to school, only a week until Ben goes back to school, only a week... And I love him, really, but he needs to be back in school because it is good for his behavioral problems.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a 5 day weekend and coming into work today was hard!
We were only going to have Thursday off this week, but then my boss decided to close the office on Friday since we only had 2 clients scheduled, so I called them & rescheduled them for earlier in the week

After I thought it was going to be a rough day and a long week, turned into a great day & a 3 day work week!

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'll probably work 4 days this week - all but the 1st. That's actually going to be my schedule (Mon-Wed, Fri) soon, so it will give me the chance to get used to it. Technically, I could take the week off. My university sponsors my position, so since we're on break, I could take off. The folks at work were nice enough to give me time off during my finals though, so I feel somewhat obligated to make it up.

In all honesty, my primary motivation for going to work this week is to use the health club we have there. With all of the holiday parties and Christmas, I've eaten (and drunk) too much over the last couple of weeks and I need to work off a few pounds.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm sorta off until the 5th!

I say sorta because while classes aren't in session I still have a private student here and there. but that is ok since I can use that money for all the lunches and dinners I have with friends this week