Fun things to do for a bachelorette party.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My nephew is getting married in February and this Friday us Aunts to be and SIL's to be and others are going out to dinner then visit a few drinking establishments.

What fun ideas can we put the bride to be through?? She isn't a shy person and isn't embarassed easy.

Also she doesn't want a bridal shower (she thinks its too much a bother for us!) so I originally was going to get a VS gift card but my SIL (her MIL to be) knows even though she would like it she wouldn't actually go and use it. I would still like to get something fun there for her. They have purchased a small home close and I know she/they need stuff but not much of any ideas (I might get some before Friday though). Wedding present is taken care of as I have started on working on their landscaping this fall and will finish this spring.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At my best friend's sister's bachelorette party her closest friends put together 'costumes' for her and made her put on a fashion show... Like a grass skirt and coconut bra top and a cowgirl outfit made out of a pair of her old jeans. They weren't extremely risquÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] or anything; but it was hilarious (esp when her fiancÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]e showed up at the door!!) Of course this was all done at her apartment.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

At my best friend's sister's bachelorette party her closest friends put together 'costumes' for her and made her put on a fashion show... Like a grass skirt and coconut bra top and a cowgirl outfit made out of a pair of her old jeans. They weren't extremely risquÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] or anything; but it was hilarious (esp when her fiancÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]e showed up at the door!!) Of course this was all done at her apartment.
My personal favorite costume is that of Lady Godiva. The problem of course is getting the horse.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
how about something from the bookshop, i got three recipe books for xmas, but thats because everyone at home knows how much i love having those around the house!

Why don't you get her something for the kitchen, like a nice serving platter tray for when guests come over, a salad shaker (i got one for xmas from my SIL) and i love it, go to a kitchen house and buy her all the pointless things?

we got a bride and groom mugs they are so adorable maybe you can get her something related to the wedding?

Good luck! while i giggle away at my xmas presents

Ohh and alternatively I don't know if you have something like this place, my girls took me there for my hens night and i strongly reccomend it
http://www.witchesinbritches.com.au/

lsanders

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not much of a bachelorette party person- I've really only been to one and thought most of it was dumb (my fiance's sister about 4 years ago), but if the bride's not shy, one thing they did at her party was called "Suck for a Buck"- sounds much more lewd than it really was. They made a bouquet of lollipops, and also taped some to the bride's t-shirt, and when they went to the bars/dance clubs, guys would give her a dollar (sometimes more) for a lollipop. Usually she'd dance with them for a couple minutes, and no one expected more. She sold out and made $135 that night!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lsanders

I'm not much of a bachelorette party person- I've really only been to one and thought most of it was dumb (my fiance's sister about 4 years ago), but if the bride's not shy, one thing they did at her party was called "Suck for a Buck"- sounds much more lewd than it really was. They made a bouquet of lollipops, and also taped some to the bride's t-shirt, and when they went to the bars/dance clubs, guys would give her a dollar (sometimes more) for a lollipop. Usually she'd dance with them for a couple minutes, and no one expected more. She sold out and made $135 that night!
I had something similar at my bachlorette party only it had life savers sewed on the shirt and guys paid me a buck to bite them off.
Not MY idea, but it was fun. Also, my MOH reserved a table and had a "towel cake" in the middle of it. It may be something to put in the middle of the table for dinner. It was adorable!

http://www.thinkwedding.com/Art-Wedding_Towel_Cake.htm

I've also been to bachlorette parties where the bride to be was given a list of things they have to get from guys at the bar, kind of like a scavenger hunt. ie, a stick of gum, a 50 cent piece, a penny made in that year, etc. If she's not shy she would probably have a ball. Oh, and she has to wear a veil or tiera so everyone will know she's the bachelorette!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My friends threw me a bachelorette party and for some reason, they wanted it as close to a bachelor party as anything else. They did give me some prescription meds to fight off the hangover the next morning that actually helped. My party involved dinner, a lot of shots of tequila and a bar called the Sugar Shack. The male dancers weren't all that entertaining, and all I can say is that item is checked off on my Bucket List.

I threw a party for a friend that was on the line of a tupperware party, but the product was lingerie and other things. That one was actually pretty fun in the sense that a lot of women giggled the entire time, and the attendees bought enough of the product so that the bride got awesome wedding night attire. Yes, we made her model some of it.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At my bachelorette party, my girlfriends gave me a t-shirt that had a "to do" list on it that I had to complete during the evening. It had stuff like "give a guy a kiss" and "get a guy to show you his underwear". It came with a laundry marker to check them off as they were completed (my friends made me have the guys initial them as well). It was fun and relatively innocent. I'm proud of the fact that I not only completed the list, I had a couple write-ins as well.