Ladies, which celebs make you swoon?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Well when i wasn't drooling over these magnificent specimens
i was thinking about if they had the same things in common. You know, some people are randomly attractive, and there are patterns with others. So i thought i'd share my list with you. Yes i know i am 24, all of these men are minimum late 30s up to 50s
Do you find any patterns in the men you swoon over? All of these guys are very versatile, they all can perform in comedy, serious and romantic roles and some can even sing! And of course they have the most delectible eyes (i am all for nice bodies but eyes say alot!) and wonderful smiles. And all but one are from the UK

Now if only i could go to Britain and stalk them....lol

Richard E grant (Scarlet Pimpernel)
Chris Barrie (Red Dwarf)
Hugh Laurie (House)
Callum Keith Rennie (Californication)
Colin Firth (Love Actually)
Jason Statham (Transporter)
David Tennant (Dr Who)
Robert Downey Jr (Ironman)
Alan Rickman (Snapey snape, also my first and longest celeb crush)
Lloyd Owen (Monarch of the Glen)
Gerard Butler (Phantom)

Share your list!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kenneth Branaugh (Hamlet)
Kevin Kline (In & Out, French Kiss, etc)
Willaim Petersen (CSI)
Sean Connery (The Rock, 007, etc)
Robin Williams (Mrs DoubtFire)
Fred Astaire (Swingtime, The Gay Divorcee)

I think I am attracted to older men - especially Brits

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jeffrey Dean Morgan (was on Grey's Anatomy and P.S. I Love You, amongst other things)
Channing Tatum (Step Up, She's The Man, Stop-Loss)
Matthew McMcConaughey (How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Wedding Planner)

My fiance watches wrestling and sometimes I'll watch it with him. John Cena and Randy Orton are nice to look at too.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hubby. I don't think about other guys like that.

In the past I had a crush on Prince and David Selby. And I like Johnny Depp too.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Well when i wasn't drooling over these magnificent specimens
i was thinking about if they had the same things in common. You know, some people are randomly attractive, and there are patterns with others. So i thought i'd share my list with you. Yes i know i am 24, all of these men are minimum late 30s up to 50s
Do you find any patterns in the men you swoon over? All of these guys are very versatile, they all can perform in comedy, serious and romantic roles and some can even sing! And of course they have the most delectible eyes (i am all for nice bodies but eyes say alot!) and wonderful smiles. And all but one are from the UK

Now if only i could go to Britain and stalk them....lol

Richard E grant (Scarlet Pimpernel)
Chris Barrie (Red Dwarf)
Hugh Laurie (House)
Callum Keith Rennie (Californication)
Colin Firth (Love Actually)
Jason Statham (Transporter)
David Tennant (Dr Who)
Robert Downey Jr (Ironman)
Alan Rickman (Snapey snape, also my first and longest celeb crush)
Lloyd Owen (Monarch of the Glen)
Gerard Butler (Phantom)

Share your list!
Since you place your upper limit in the 50s, Sean Connery is out. But I watched an old favorite of mine yesterday, Goldfinger, and I have no trouble understanding why women found him so attractive. (And some, like DW, still do.)

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know ... I never swooned over celebrities... the only exception would be the Beatles, when I was a girl.... (Uh, oh... my AGE is showing!)

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

You know ... I never swooned over celebrities... the only exception would be the Beatles, when I was a girl.... (Uh, oh... my AGE is showing!)
Anybody in particular? As I recall, Ringo was the darling (at first), even though he was the least talented, and a replacement at that. I never swooned but Lennon was always my favorite. Since we are talking about Brit celebs, I used to have a serious crush on Julie Christie. (Now who is showing their age?)

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Anybody in particular? As I recall, Ringo was the darling (at first), even though he was the least talented, and a replacement at that. I never swooned but Lennon was always my favorite. Since we are talking about Brit celebs, I used to have a serious crush on Julie Christie. (Now who is showing their age?)
Oh, of course, the pretty one - Paul!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Colin Firth is my absolute favorite actor. I just love him.

I also like Hugh Jackman, Adam Sandler, and Harrison Ford (love his crooked smile).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Since you place your upper limit in the 50s, Sean Connery is out. But I watched an old favorite of mine yesterday, Goldfinger, and I have no trouble understanding why women found him so attractive. (And some, like DW, still do.)
Pickles...i forgot..Alan Rickman is 62, i still love him though.

Oh i understand Sean makes women weak at the knees, but he does nothing for me. Not to say he's a bad actor or anything

Goldenkitty, do you think there is something wrong with women having crushes on other people? Or does it only apply to you? Personally i think it's healthy to find other people attractive, as long as you don't end up having fantasies about leaving your s/o for them or doing stuff with them that you ought not to (yes, i count kissing as cheating)

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My three are:

Clive Owen (Derailed, Children of Men)
Jeremy Sisto (Six Fett Under, Law & Order, Waitress)
Zachry Quinto (Sylar on Heroes)

I like tall, dark and dorky...oh and brooding

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orlando Bloom...

I never thought I'd have a crush on an elf but when I saw Legolas I was like "who is THAT?" Thus the crush began. I hadn't seen him before Lord of the Rings.
And it used to be Griffin from Party of Five. (I forgot his real name..I wanna say Jeremy London for some reason)
And Jared Leto when he was in My So called Life. But not when he got all weird and dyed his hair white. LOl
Those two were hot back in the day.
But I don't have a huge amount of swoon for celebrities, really.
Angelina Jolie is my girl crush. LOL

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to like Ringo the best till someone pointed out about his nose being so big. Then I didn't like him anymore - so I choose Paul. Still think he's the best looking Beatle - don't know why I ever thought Ringo was (maybe just his name).....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I used to like Ringo the best till someone pointed out about his nose being so big. Then I didn't like him anymore - so I choose Paul. Still think he's the best looking Beatle - don't know why I ever thought Ringo was (maybe just his name).....
Surely you would've noticed his schnoz before someone had to point it out? lol

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
None. I don't follow the celebrity thing, and frankly, I've got my husband here--why would I want to swoon over anyone else?

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
William Peterson: CSI
Robert Pattinson: Twilight

Those are the main ones right now...Lol

I also loved Lukas (Goran "V") from ER...his accent is what got me! Noah Wyle was pretty fine in that show too...mainly at the beginning though...I didn't watch ER after they took Dr. Green off...it's like they ran out of original ideas, and too much of the original cast was gone for me to enjoy it anymore!!Lol!