krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
what kind of games do you like.

I really enjoyed Paper Mario which was pretty easy
I also like mario Galaxy a ton.

If you like to play games with people
Raven rabits is a good game if you have a wii fit they have a new one that uses that
or Mario party 8 is fun with a group but i can't play the long games but I really enjoy the shorter games.

My favorite so far was paper Mario

I also heard Animal crossing was really fun from a ton of people which I havent got yet and Active Life Outdoor Challenge looks fun and got good reviews but I have never played it yet but I am planing on getting that one too.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well that all depends on what kind of games you like. If you like rhythm games, obviously rock band or guitar hero are good choices. I also really like The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I'm not a big fan of the Zelda games in general but Twilight Princess is one of my favorite games for the Wii. Mario Kart is awesome. And you can never go wrong with Wii Play.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my Wii Fit and Outdoor Adventure. We just got Outdoor Adventure for Christmas, but I've played it at my aunt's house before, and it's awesome. We also love Mario Super Sluggers, a baseball game, and I just got my fiance Rapala's Fishing Frenzy and he seems to like that too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got Animal Crossing city folk today, but haven't played it yet, that's the kind of games I like. On Ps 2 I had all the Sims games. So definitely adventure/simulation type games. And I loved Mario since the first nintendo

My DH likes action shooting type games!
Thanks for the suggestions so far.

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

I love my Wii Fit and Outdoor Adventure. We just got Outdoor Adventure for Christmas, but I've played it at my aunt's house before, and it's awesome. We also love Mario Super Sluggers, a baseball game, and I just got my fiance Rapala's Fishing Frenzy and he seems to like that too.
I want outdoor advanture so bad

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I got Animal Crossing city folk today, but haven't played it yet, that's the kind of games I like. On Ps 2 I had all the Sims games. So definitely adventure/simulation type games. And I loved Mario since the first nintendo

My DH likes action shooting type games!
Thanks for the suggestions so far.
I think you would really like paper mario then

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I received the new Animal Crossing for Christmas. I haven't tried it yet, but all the reviews I've heard have been positive so far, so I'm sure you will like it.

For your DH, Resident Evil 4 might be fun. It's a good action horror game, and reportedly more fun to play on the Wii than on the older systems. My only caveat is that it is, of course, violent (I know that's a concern for some people), although it's far from the worst of its kind.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Mario Galaxy and Wii Fit.
I love the Crash Bandicoot Games also.
I want Mario Sluggers and alot of other games.
I have Animal Crossing for the Ds and love it.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Krazycatlover

I want outdoor advanture so bad
Outdoor Adventure is great! You're actually getting up and moving and running or jumping during the game. There's one where you have to run and jump over logs, ride on a mine cart. Or jump rope and see how many times you get go without stopping. It's great. I can't wait to open ours and play it when we get time!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohh I just had a look at the video for Outdoor Adventure - it looks like something that we would have fun playing!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

Outdoor Adventure is great! You're actually getting up and moving and running or jumping during the game. There's one where you have to run and jump over logs, ride on a mine cart. Or jump rope and see how many times you get go without stopping. It's great. I can't wait to open ours and play it when we get time!
We bought it for the kids. My 17 year old was really stiff and sore from playing
, But she loved every minute of it. She has a few friends coming over later to play

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, Super Paper Mario and Super Mario Galaxy are my two favorites. I also love Mario Party, and we have a couple other ones from the Game Cube. We also have Animal Crossing, but I had the first one and this one doesn't seem much different. I have stayed up way to late the past couple nights playing Paper Mario and Mario Galaxy, though. Super fun. My favorite is Paper Mario. My brother in law had the first Paper Mario for Game Cube and it looked fun, but I never did play it. We just got our Wii for Christmas so we don't have many games yet. We just bought the MP and MG a day or two ago.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely get the Wii fit and The Price is Right!! My sister-in-law got The Price is Right for Christmas and we played it for hours on Christmas eve!

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Again, it depends on what types of games you are looking for.

Many people have already mentioned Paper Mario...my boyfriend likes this a lot and I often find myself sitting with him watching him play (haven't bothered to play myself yet, I get bored/frustrated with platform games fairly quickly). Mario Galaxy is next on our list.

If you're looking for some good cheap games, then:

Zack and Wiki: You can find this game really cheap (I think I paid $10) and it looks really silly from the cover, but it's a lot of fun. It's a puzzle/adventure game....so you have to guide the title character through a variety of puzzles (putting together/using items in various ways). This is the first game that I really got hooked to on the Wii, which surprised me, since it looked ridiculous! I suspect you might like it if you like the pace of Animal Crossing.

Rayman Raving Rabbids: I love the first game in this series. It's actually a party game, but I find the solo mode pretty fun to play anyway. I haven't tried #2 yet, but it didn't get very good reviews (then again, not many Wii games get good reviews). I got #3 (TV Party) for Christmas...I'm starting to get into it, but it's definitely more of a party game than the first...while I enjoy many of the games solo, I know it would be a lot more fun competing with someone else. So, start with #1...you can probably find it for less than $20 and it will keep you busy for quite a while!

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz: I'm too uncoordinated to be any good at the main game on this (you tilt the remote to roll the ball to the finish line while collecting coins/stars), but there are a bunch of minigames and a few of them are a lot of fun if you have someone to play against.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games: OK...this one isn't so cheap...I think it's retailing for $35 here in Canada at the moment....but it's quite a bit of fun. Again, better with a bit of competition, but there are some games that are fun to play alone (trampoline is great!).

I just picked up WiiPlay yesterday (if you don't already have 2 remotes...it's a good package with the remote)...and it got really bad reviews and is a really shallow game (there isn't much to it), but I found myself quite into it last night playing!

We also got the WiiZapper with Link's Crossbow training, which is fun as well. I didn't think I'd like shooting games much, but this is easy/simple enough that I enjoy it.

I always go to www.gamespot.com to check out game ratings before I buy them. Take it all with a grain of salt thought...."real gamers" don't seem to enjoy Wii games much....not enough killing, I guess!

You guys are making me want to get Outdoor Adventure! I got it for my cousins (10 years) for Christmas, and now I'm wishing I got a copy for myself. Question: is it fun to play on your own? My boyfriend doesn't have much interest in moving whilst playing video games....lazy!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is Paper Mario the same as the one for Gamecube?
I really liked playing the one for Gamecube.
How is super paper different than just paper?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My partner has a WII and I think he has about 17 games - the last one I bought him was a snowboarding one. I'm not a fan I'd rather play PS

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zoeysmom

We also got the WiiZapper with Link's Crossbow training, which is fun as well. I didn't think I'd like shooting games much, but this is easy/simple enough that I enjoy it.
DH pointed out an interesting fact earlier. People have problems fitting the remote into any of the gun peripherals if they use the rechargeable batteries that come with a recharger kit (such as Nyko's). Apparently they stick out a bit too far.

He just bought the Nerf N-Strike bundle earlier because it doesn't have that problem and the game that came with it had a good review.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Is Paper Mario the same as the one for Gamecube?
I really liked playing the one for Gamecube.
How is super paper different than just paper?
I haven't played Paper Mario, just watched my son and brother in law play it, but from what I can tell (and someone tell me if I'm wrong) in Super PM you can flip and go from 2D to 3D, which I don't think you can do in just PM. It's kind of fun b/c they hide stuff behind bushes and stairs, and most of the bad guys are flat so if you flip to 3D you can walk behind them and not get hurt. There are also parts of the game that you have to flip to 3D to see where to go, like a path that comes towards you in 2D that you can't see, but in 3D you can now. I love it. I don't know much else of what is different, though.