Question of the Day Dec 28th.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow hard to believe that in 4 days we will be into 2009. So here's my question for today?

Do you have special plans for New Year's Eve.

This year I don't, most years I'd either spend with family and friends. This year I decided that I would just spend the evening relaxing at home with the kitties, and watch the New Year's Eve special on TV. I guess that is one of the aspects of getting older, your less inclined to celebrate the passing of the years.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No special plans at the moment. Just cuddling up with the kitties and surfing the web/watchng TV/turning in early.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We call people from different time zones at the moment it turns to the new year in their time zone. The first people we will be calling is my niece in France.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We will be having a lobster & steak dinner at home. Probably rent a couple of movies, and be in bed well before midnight! I think the last time we actually saw midnight on New Years Eve, my grand daughter was with us, she was 4 months old, and we were up for her feeding, as we gave her parents their first night out after her birth.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No real special plans for us. We'll probably just stay home and watch the ball drop. Spend some snuggle time together. Get more excited that our house should be finished that month!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. My fiance just plays his game on the computer, and I usually go to bed early. It's just another night for me, nothing real special for us.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's my birthday so we are having a party at our house complete with rooms for people to stay if they go over board with the drinks....

The day after we are going to clean up and get ready for the next work day.....

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes every year I have a party at my house. Safe with little or no alcohol so kids can join in the fun also. We have lots of different snacks and we count down with the ball.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No plans at the moment, but to stay home and watch the countdown and watch everyone else in the neighborhood pop fireworks. DH hasn't been feeling well for awhile, so we will probably play it low key.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom is getting remarried the morning of new years eve and we are doing a small reception that evening and then a small party with friends like always

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No plans for me. I really, really wanted to go to the 2nd Annual Winter Classic at Wrigley Field (RedWings vs Blackhawks) on New Year's Day. Unfortunately, I'm on call that day, 7am Thursday to 7am Friday....I'll be in bed, asleep when the new year arrives.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our usual New Year's Eve is to do a nice dinner, late, so that we're just winding down from dessert in time to toast the New Year, and chat a little more before falling into bed, usually before 1 am. Sometimes, this includes company -- only family or close friends, never many -- in which case we tend to go on a little later, but not much, and not rowdy.

Not sure whether it will be just the two of us, or more, this year. We haven't been very proactive about that planning, but then we do tend to go with the flow anyway, and the people we would include know that about us, and are much the same.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Going over to Tristans for dinner, then we climb up the big hill at the back of his house, sit on some comfy chairs with drinks and watch the fireworks.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No plans as of yet, but where I am working a 12 hour shift the next day its possible I may end up in bed way before midnight.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We never do anything for New Years. We have never been big party going people. The only time we have ever gone to a party on New Years was when we were down in Dallas visiting my husband's best friend. We went to Six Flags during the day, and then that night had a big party at his friend's house with a bunch of our other friends that went down there with us. It was fun being the only sober person (I don't like to drink at parties, plus someone had to drive us to the hotel) watching all the drunk people being stupid.