Poor Isaac

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As some of you already know my foster boy, Isaac, had the bandage removed from his left paw last week. He's since been wearing an e-collar so he won't bite/lick the paw. Fortunately, it's only for another day or so. He seems to be feeling rather sorry for himself. Meanwhile, he's gradually regaining strength in his paw.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my - he does look like he is feeling sorry for himself! That coupled with a dab of pain medication. He is so expressive.

He looks like he is such a love.
I hope his adopter really appreciates him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Oh my - he does look like he is feeling sorry for himself! That coupled with a dab of pain medication. He is so expressive.

He looks like he is such a love.
I hope his adopter really appreciates him.
Doesn't he? Poor guy. He's still as cuddly as ever, though. The collar gets in the way especially when he tries rubbing his face all over mine.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

Poor, poor baby. If only he knew it was for his own good...
And even if he did, it's still good for getting sympathy.

Poor sweetie!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Look at that poor little sweetie. Hopefull he will have the collar off soon, his paw will have strengthened and he will be good as new

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, guys.

I know Isaac looks pretty pathetic in the collar but, trust me, he's getting plenty of extra love and attention.

And, just look at his left paw! I know it doesn't look quite right yet, but it's healing amazingly well and looks so much better than how swollen and mangled it was when he was rescued.

Over the weekend, Isaac was using both of his front paws to scratch on a wicker chair in the spare room. Then, earlier today, he stood up on his hind legs when I was sitting at the computer and put both paws against me to stretch. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see him use that paw!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

Thanks, guys.

I know Isaac looks pretty pathetic in the collar but, trust me, he's getting plenty of extra love and attention.

And, just look at his left paw! I know it doesn't look quite right yet, but it's healing amazingly well and looks so much better than how swollen and mangled it was when he was rescued.

Over the weekend, Isaac was using both of his front paws to scratch on a wicker chair in the spare room. Then, earlier today, he stood up on his hind legs when I was sitting at the computer and put both paws against me to stretch. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see him use that paw!
Oh I know what you mean! I had a foster girl with a mangled paw too, when she recovered and started using it I was overjoyed, and also a bit worried that she'd overdo things
Here are some Get Well Soon vibes for Isaac

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh poor baby!

Our cats have absolutely HATED the bucket! Cleo had one after her eyes were removed but only because she was naturally grooming herself and of course trying to clean her face with her paws

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I think Isaac is going to be just fine. My BIL had a cat whose paw got mangled in a fan belt. He adjusted to it and lived to be 15.

I really hope that Isaac can find the perfect home soon.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
woe, woe is me!!! He does the sorry for himself role quite well

That is just great that he is begining to use his little paw again!!!