TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Ever thought about getting a Chemical Peel?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ever thought about getting a Chemical Peel?

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
First I want to say that I have cystic acne. I have had it for about 5 years now give or take. I didn't know what it was until I was diagnosed about it. I have tried EVERYTHING! I also realized that even though I went tanning once a week it was never more apparent when I got my last tattoo in New Orleans. My other tattoos look poopy now compared to my beautiful new Tattoo! lol

I had a 12% Salicylic acid peel before I went to New Orleans. She took care of a cyst that was already dead but scarring. Cyst usually leave a bruise scar on my face for about 6-12 months. I do have other scars from cysts I have tried to pop/drain. Bad move. It left pot marks on my skin.

I loved the results of the 12% and I stuck by a skin care routine that was given to me by the spa girl. Shocking, every product she recommened was something they didn't sell. It was very cheap to buy online. One was a glycolic acid cleanser, and retinol cream. It was why I saw her again. She wasn't out for money.

I decided I was ready for another peel. She went with a 25% peel. I will admit it was painful. But if you saw the tattoo I got in New Orleans, I knew I could handle it. Think of getting sun burnt and how that feels. Owie.

Pictures: The first picture is of before the peel.

Before with makeup you can see the cyst growing on the lower right side of the lip. This was a double header at least that's what she called it. I am sorry I don't take very good "self photo's of myself".

Pic1:
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...g?t=1230440790


Now the day after the peel, it's kind of gross but I am not in pain I promise.
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...g?t=1230440853

2nd picture is a close up of that cyst: Gross
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...g?t=1230440899

Then the peel happened. I peeled real good for one week, lots of skin came off (including some freckles..lol) the second week was almost like my skin was peeling again but just the top layer. It was weird. My skin was back to "normal" by the third week with the exception of some redness. No biggie.

After the peel:
Daylight notice the cyst this is what is would have looked like 6-9 months from now. I am wearing little makeup in pic. On my way to work that day.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...g?t=1230441084

Another after picture taken today.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...g?t=1230441193

My hair out of my face..lol
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...g?t=1230441356

I post this because it was the best decision I made for myself. I know sometimes people are scared of such things so I wanted to share my experience. Just check out who you are going to. I plan on getting at least 3 more done over the next year. Along with some microdermabrasion (sp?).

I hope this helps anyone who has ever wondered. The cost for the peel on me was 80 dollars. So it wasn't that expensive. I have spent more on shoes. Know what I mean?

Oh and in case you are wondering...

My new tattoo. It's on my left side torso from a little over the bra strap line to my hip. This was the best cropping I could have done without showing you things..lol

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...g?t=1230441812
post #2 of 14
I've always suffered from some sort of pimple type thing since high school, even into adulthood, but thankfully it's never been severe and i've seemed to have found the right cleansing routine as well. When i wake up, and before i go to sleep i use a pure witchhazel toner or the Innoxas young solution toner. In the shower i use an Innoxa coal facial soap, i make sure i keep any foundation/powder light, and i have a vitamin e facial moisturiser i only put on after i tone in the morning. It's only taken me 10 years to figure this out

Of course every once in a while you get a right bugger that takes all the attention away from your face and you want to live in a paper bag for a week or two I can empathise.

Can i just say i absolutely LOVE your tattoo. I've been chickening out the last couple of years to get my third one done, and yours is absolutely stunning.
post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoriana View Post
I've always suffered from some sort of pimple type thing since high school, even into adulthood, but thankfully it's never been severe and i've seemed to have found the right cleansing routine as well. When i wake up, and before i go to sleep i use a pure witchhazel toner or the Innoxas young solution toner. In the shower i use an Innoxa coal facial soap, i make sure i keep any foundation/powder light, and i have a vitamin e facial moisturiser i only put on after i tone in the morning. It's only taken me 10 years to figure this out

Of course every once in a while you get a right bugger that takes all the attention away from your face and you want to live in a paper bag for a week or two I can empathise.

Can i just say i absolutely LOVE your tattoo. I've been chickening out the last couple of years to get my third one done, and yours is absolutely stunning.

Yeah it's so weird how one routine works for one person and the next it's completely different. I have spent thousands of dollars on doctor appointment, birth control, cleansers..toners..oils..you name it. With the exception of what you use. Maybe I have used it..lol. Who knows! I know it's still to soon to have hope because things work for awhile and then BANG! I always get so depressed because of the scarring it leaves.

Thanks for the compliment on the tattoo.. It was four and a half hours of pain. Got it done in New Orleans. I am going back there next year and definately seeing the same guy. Me and my friend are in love with him. I am going to have him completely redo the tatoo I have on the otherside of my torso..It's almost the same size. I think I am nuts. I have a picture of me getting the tattoo where I am grabbing the hair on my head to focus on a different kind of pain. It hurt so much. Every morning though I wake up, and just SMILE looking at it.

I love tattoos. I wish I could get more and more and more! They are addicting!
post #4 of 14
Those things are harsh on the skin.

Your skin is a body organ. It's basically not only a covering of your bones and muscle, but it's basically a waste disposal.

Your body gets rid of it's toxins and waste through the liver and kidneys. When those fail to get rid of toxins, the skin makes an attempt. So if you have skin problems or rashes, it's likely due to the fact that your body is trying to rid itself of toxins.

For example, urea is produced when the liver breaks down protein or amino acids, and ammonia. The kidneys transfer the urea from the blood to the urine. While urea is mostly expelled through urine, a small amount is also secreted through your skin as perspiration. See? A waste disposal

The worse thing we can do is try and stop it from doing what it's meant to do by putting on heaps of creams to "cure" and "prevent" what the skin is trying to do.

I suggest looking into alternative medicines and working on curing yourself from the inside out instead of the outside in. Once you take care of the problem inside, you will have healthy looking skin.
post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
I suggest looking into alternative medicines and working on curing yourself from the inside out instead of the outside in. Once you take care of the problem inside, you will have healthy looking skin.
I have looked into alternative medicine. My best friends mothers husband is a naturpathic doctor. When I said I have tried everything I really meant it. I am healthy including anti oxidents. I eat right (most the time) I cut dairy out of my diet. I exercise 5 times a week. I have had numerous blood and urine test done in the past two years.

If I were any healthier I would be a....I dunno. lol

My doctors have all said it's "hormonal" whatever. That's why I went on the pill. Which didn't help at all.

Sayclic acid isn't that bad. It's in asprin, and pepto bismo (sp) So people are putting the same in their body that I just had put on my face.

In the end it work for me, and I wanted to share my experience in case someone was on the fence about it but scared to do it.
post #6 of 14
Wow! Your skin looks so much better I have to say I`ve been thinking about having something similar, because I have horrible pores Not sure if it would work for that but I`m having lasre hair removal at a clinic so when that`s all paid for I will ask them

I love your tattoo!
post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffacake View Post
Wow! Your skin looks so much better I have to say I`ve been thinking about having something similar, because I have horrible pores Not sure if it would work for that but I`m having lasre hair removal at a clinic so when that`s all paid for I will ask them

I love your tattoo!


OMG that's so funny. Laser hair removal is next on my list! If you don't mind me asking how much does that cost? It's hard to find out on line. I want my lip done, and sideburn area. I am a HAIRY girl. lol..My mom lied to me when she said "oh when you grow up it will fall out." LIES!

Oh I also wanted to say on the makeup thing, I only wear mineral makeup. Not Bareminerals either. My foundation on has three ingredients in it. My "lotion" that I use for my face to mousturize is either emu oil or squalene oil. All natural. The only thing that isn't..can't help myself is my lip gloss and mascara.
post #8 of 14
If you can afford it, get a consult with a plastic surgeon. I work with a plastic surgeon in the Operating Room. He often does laser facial resurfacing for acne scarred skin. It looks positively horrible immediately post op, but I've seen photos of the results, and it's fantastic. A plastic surgeon might also be able to give you advice on treating the outbreaks.
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breal76 View Post
OMG that's so funny. Laser hair removal is next on my list! If you don't mind me asking how much does that cost? It's hard to find out on line. I want my lip done, and sideburn area. I am a HAIRY girl. lol..My mom lied to me when she said "oh when you grow up it will fall out." LIES!
Ok, after a bit of hunting I found the price list (Everything got slung in cupboards for Christmas )

Well, I pay £55 per session. I`ve just had my second treatment and I get my Chin done and the little bits each side of my top lip They do it every 2 months so that gives me time to put a little aside each week. Also they recommend around 6 treatments because of the growth cycle of hair.

I guess the prices will be different there but here`s their price list.

Area--------------- Price in £

Full Face-------------150
Chin and jaw line------95
Upper Lip-------------45
Chin------------------55
Chin and Upper Lip----90


They do everywhere else imaginable including nippies!
It doesn`t hurt but it does make you jump, they tell you it`s like having an elastic band snapped on your skin. You`ve had a big tattoo so I`m sure it will be like nothing
post #10 of 14
I think it's fantastic that your skin looks so much better now!!!
post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffacake View Post
Ok, after a bit of hunting I found the price list (Everything got slung in cupboards for Christmas )

Well, I pay £55 per session. I`ve just had my second treatment and I get my Chin done and the little bits each side of my top lip They do it every 2 months so that gives me time to put a little aside each week. Also they recommend around 6 treatments because of the growth cycle of hair.

I guess the prices will be different there but here`s their price list.

Area--------------- Price in £

Full Face-------------150
Chin and jaw line------95
Upper Lip-------------45
Chin------------------55
Chin and Upper Lip----90


They do everywhere else imaginable including nippies!
It doesn`t hurt but it does make you jump, they tell you it`s like having an elastic band snapped on your skin. You`ve had a big tattoo so I`m sure it will be like nothing

Wow..I am totally stupid when it comes to dollar exchange from Euro's. Hmmm..But the prices look good.

My biggest curiousity is how many times would one have to these treatments done. Know what I mean? I have heard you have to get it done about 4-6 times.

Then there is the "credible" person to go to. I swear anymore people can do anything! lol..

The nipple hair removal sounds scary and frightening.
post #12 of 14
What a huge difference!!. And yes, i would have one done.

My skin always feels softer after i exfoliate, but i bet it would feel even better with a peel.
post #13 of 14
I've very often thought about getting a peel done I have adult on-set acne and let me tell you, not that you don't know, but it sucks to have a teen-agers skin on a thirty plus year old face! I have some scarring as well $80 does not sound bad at all, there's a very good dermatologist/skin care clinic right in my town Thanks for sharing!
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breal76 View Post
Wow..I am totally stupid when it comes to dollar exchange from Euro's. Hmmm..But the prices look good.

My biggest curiousity is how many times would one have to these treatments done. Know what I mean? I have heard you have to get it done about 4-6 times.

Then there is the "credible" person to go to. I swear anymore people can do anything! lol..

The nipple hair removal sounds scary and frightening.
Last time I looked it was roughly 2$ to one pound sterling.

It took a bit of searching but the place I go to is so friendly and they really do put you at ease Most places here do a free consultation so you can discuss what you want and if you don`t feel comfortable you haven`t paid anything so no loss.

They told me it depends on each person how many sessions you will need and it works better on thick, dark hairs.

I know it`s a different country but here`s their website as an example.
http://hscclinic.co.uk/

Oh look! The girl on the left does mine. She is so sweet.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Ever thought about getting a Chemical Peel?