My new Avatar---need help choosing

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I finally made it to Super Cat status so now I can make a custom avatar. The problem is, I have way too many cute pictures that could work for an avatar. I just can't decide which one to use.

I'd like some opinions. Maybe somebody else is better at making decisions than I am.

#1 Shareena, my first kitten. This one is special to me because it was the first time I saw her at 5-1/2 weeks of age.

#2 Miss Patchwillow, my second kitten. Talk about a Cheshire Cat grin!

#3 Goldy. This is the little stray I took in last summer. The other three kittens are her babies.

#4 Basket Case

#5 Iris & Cali taking a double-decker nap

#6 Lion, the potted kitten

#7 Cali--getting the stuffing hugged out of her by Iris

This is the original "Kitty Hugs". I think it makes more of an impression than just the avatar of Cali's face.

Yikes! I didn't realize how many of these I had made until I started lining them up.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Admit I voted for Cali, seventh, would have no idea that is what was happening unless you described!

gothic~mermaid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I voted cali to! but cant you make a moving avatar so you can use them all as they are so cute?!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by gothic~mermaid

I voted cali to! but cant you make a moving avatar so you can use them all as they are so cute?!!
I probably could if I knew how. I'm pretty good with Photoshop, but anything else on a computer is a minefield for me.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
So far it's looking like Cali is in a tie with all the others put together. I'm at work right now and don't want to start messing with something I might not be able to finish. Maybe tomorrow I'll get the avatar changed.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Okay, you people are officially not helpful when you start spreading the votes out.

Maybe I can figure out how to do the rotating thing so all of them cycle through. Until then I guess they get to take turns. I'd better not get any more cats, though. They probably wouldn't live long enough to get their turn as my avatar.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

I probably could if I knew how. I'm pretty good with Photoshop, but anything else on a computer is a minefield for me.
i can make you a moving one - don't know how to upload it, tho. i made my current one.
also, as a premium member, it can be larger.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks, laureen. I got the premium membership after I posted this, so now I need to resize the pictures. Just haven't gotten around to doing anything with them. I know there's a way to view a slide show on photobucket but I haven't figured out if it can be transferred to the avatar link.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sure hope you can figure out a slide show avatar because I love them all!

The large pic of Cali, that look is priceless!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

Thanks, laureen. I got the premium membership after I posted this, so now I need to resize the pictures. Just haven't gotten around to doing anything with them. I know there's a way to view a slide show on photobucket but I haven't figured out if it can be transferred to the avatar link.
that's the part i don't know how to do - icklemiss21 actually saved it & posted it for me so that i could upload it to my photobucket. from there, i put the tag in the avatar link... or maybe saved it to my computer & uploaded it from there?
anyway, i created it, but couldn't figure out either how to upload it or how to minimize the KB, one of those - but Eithne did it.
once you have one created, PM her.