Has anyone actually lost any weight on the Wii Fit?

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got a Wii for christmas and then went out on Boxing Day for the sales and got myself a Wii fit.

I have had so much fun playing it, the variety keeps me entertained and into the sports so that does help.

But I am wondering, is it just a fad or has anyone actually lost any weight??

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know someone who lost five lbs ... but I think it was more actually haveing to move...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I know someone who lost five lbs ... but I think it was more actually haveing to move...
That is not bad - yeah, there is a lot of movement involved as well as a lot of balancing

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't say if I've lost weight with just Wii Fit, as I'm pairing it with working out on the elliptical, but the strength training and yoga are really good. I can feel it the next day. The hula hoop one is really good too, I can definitely feel that. It's good for me, because I do cardio on the elliptical but can do the strength training and yoga with the wii fit.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Yoga stuff is REALLY good, the step stuff is good when you can just step for 30 minutes straight - that's something you have to unlock.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

The Yoga stuff is REALLY good, the step stuff is good when you can just step for 30 minutes straight - that's something you have to unlock.
I am so bad at the rhythm when it comes to the step - what is the step plus? I planned to use it today but I am not feeling well today - I think I have caught the bug my nephew and niece have.

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got a wii well pretty much for valentines day cause that is when we found one. I got a wii fit for Christmas. I love it so far. But I have only had it for a couple days. I think that it will definitely make me more aware of my weight which that in it self might motivate me to become a little more healthy.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Krazycatlover

I got a wii well pretty much for valentines day cause that is when we found one. I got a wii fit for Christmas. I love it so far. But I have only had it for a couple days. I think that it will definitely make me more aware of my weight which that in it self might motivate me to become a little more healthy.
That is true. But I was so shocked at my BMI level! It is definitely motivating me to lose weight.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would love one for the yoga. I find it hard to motivate myself to exercise, so I think with a Wii I might actually do it.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Haven't tried the Wii Fit but put my heart into the boxing. I'm sure I could loose weight with it if I could find enough willing opponents.

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

Haven't tried the Wii Fit but put my heart into the boxing. I'm sure I could loose weight with it if I could find enough willing opponents.
I wish you could play the wii sports games with other wii people around the world like mario cart. That would rock

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

That is true. But I was so shocked at my BMI level! It is definitely motivating me to lose weight.
lol me too and they made me look gigantic even though I don't think I look that big. I know Im over weight but gees it made me HUGE.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got DH a Wii for christmas and he still hasn't set it up. He'd rather just sit on the sofa and watch tv, so I'm wondering why he asked for a Wii??? I said I'm going to sell it on ebay

Men are wierd, especially when you marry them!

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter got a Wii sports for Christmas. She has been playing it all day every day and complains how sore her body is. I must say it gets her moving

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought wii fit and sold it a couple of days later (and made a profit) because I didn't like it. I found it hard because I have a bad left ankle and put most of my weight on my right so I couldn't really much on it.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cannot find a Wii Fit (in shops) around here at all!! My SIL had an extra one and sold it -grr..........

Any good tips to find one and pay the list price let me know!!