TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Fur Pictures and Videos Only! › Three weeks old today!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Three weeks old today!

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
Hiya folks,

My kittens are 3 weeks old today. If you would like to see them at two weeks visit them at this link here http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=183355

First up today is the boy without a name, the only Persian in the litter:









post #2 of 25
Thread Starter 
Next up is 'Keeping Secrets'









post #3 of 25
Thread Starter 
Here's 'Crowd Control' :





post #4 of 25
Thread Starter 
'Telling Tales'





post #5 of 25
Thread Starter 
And last but not least Paparazzi:



post #6 of 25
It's all I can do to keep my lips off the computer screen They are adorable!
post #7 of 25
they sure are cute..

so periodically youll get a persian>?
post #8 of 25
Aww they're super cute!
post #9 of 25
Oh my heart They are precious
post #10 of 25
Look at those sweet furry faces!
post #11 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
they sure are cute..

so periodically youll get a persian>?
Thanks Sharky. I'm not very good with genetics but both of the parents of these kittens are Exotics (Shorthair) but the Longhair gene is recessive so unless the Exotics are Homozygous for Shorthair, then Persians can pop up in every litter or if you're my Nana you can mate two Exotics and get a whole litter of Persians

My queen Flutterby has had two litters so far, both with 5 surviving kittens - 4 exotics and 1 persian in each

Thanks everybody!
post #12 of 25
Oh good grief look at those cherubs!! That last picture of "Telling Tales" is so cute because the little muffin looks so curious
post #13 of 25
OMGoodness.....cute lil fluffballs
post #14 of 25
precious, total cuteness
post #15 of 25
Thread Starter 
Thanks everybody. All five have homes but I still get to keep them for at least seven weeks!
post #16 of 25
What sweethearts!
post #17 of 25
Thread Starter 
Thanks!

I was out playing with the kittens yesterday and two of them crawled up into my lap!



post #18 of 25
Thread Starter 
And here's Flutterby and Paparazzi

post #19 of 25
Oh gawd, cuteness overload or what!!
post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseangel View Post
It's all I can do to keep my lips off the computer screen They are adorable!
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats View Post
that is a fantastic picture! I looked at it for a few seconds before getting it!
post #21 of 25
Oh gosh they are just precious!! I wanna kiss them

Stupid question from someone who knows next to nothing about these gorgeous cats - what exactly is the difference between Exotics and Persians? I don't mean genetic differences, I mean physical appearances or traits or something.
post #22 of 25
I'm with BabyWukong - I'm dense - care to elaborate on how you get a Persian out of an Exotic?
post #23 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyWukong View Post
Oh gosh they are just precious!! I wanna kiss them

Stupid question from someone who knows next to nothing about these gorgeous cats - what exactly is the difference between Exotics and Persians? I don't mean genetic differences, I mean physical appearances or traits or something.
Just their fur. Persians have that signature long fur and Exotics fur is much shorter, but very thick and dense. This makes them look a lot different because fur hides faults
post #24 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
I'm with BabyWukong - I'm dense - care to elaborate on how you get a Persian out of an Exotic?
All Exotics (SH) carry the recessive Persian (LH) gene unless homozygous for Exotic - which is why when Two exotics are mated together you still get Persians, but two Persians can't have an Exotic (SH).

Hope this helps a little bit - in some registries Persians (LH) from Exotic matings are called 'Longhaired Exotics' but hey that's another story!
post #25 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushylady View Post
Me too!



that is a fantastic picture! I looked at it for a few seconds before getting it!
It's great isn't it. Yes those white stump things are my legs!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Fur Pictures and Videos Only!
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Fur Pictures and Videos Only! › Three weeks old today!