kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

Haha. That link says "Hand-Blown Glass Watering Blubs"

I like the way they look and would buy some if I had any plants
You have a good eye.

They are nice - I would get them for my indoor plants!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are a life saver for my plants... They do work really well, but depending on the pot you use you might need more than one - i.e terracotta pots...

lsanders

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ha, I think I've raved about them on every other website I post on except this one! Oops!

I got a set of two about a month ago. I put one in my plant at home. I must have really been underwatering it because it's supposed to last 1.5-2 weeks and it sucked down all the water in about 2 days. I was worried that it didn't work and that my plant was going to drown, so I waited a couple of days, and it was still alive, so I filled it back up and stuck it in. Ever since then, it has been taking about 10-12 days to empty and my plant looks better than ever. I took the second one to work and put it in that plant and so far so good!

Now that I know they work, I'll have to buy more plants!

BTW, last I checked Amazon, they were 2/$15. I got mine at Bed Bath & Beyond for $10!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting.

Anyone have experience with using them with larger plants? Do you just use more globes?

This would save my hubby's complaining when he has to water the ones way UP on the ledge in our front foyer.

The wensite posted only ships to US. Anyone know if these are available in Canada?

lsanders

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Interesting.

Anyone have experience with using them with larger plants? Do you just use more globes?

This would save my hubby's complaining when he has to water the ones way UP on the ledge in our front foyer.
Yep, the box says to just use more than one.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I see them on tv all the time and always wondered if they worked or not

Aha I love that is says blubs

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jacky, remember when you came to my house and met Tom, the 32 year-old plant? I put an aqua globe in him and he sucked the water out right away. I put the other one in him and he sucked that one dry as well. I keep that one globe full.

I have another plant so I finally put one it it and it also sucked up the water.
Shows you how good I am about watering my plants because the second one is a cactus.

I got them at Bey, Bath and Beyond. Next time I go there I will get another set so that I have 2 for Tom. The cactus doesn't need another one. Maybe I will get another plant, too.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jacky, remember when you came to my house and met Tom, the 32 year-old plant? I put an aqua globe in him and he sucked the water out right away. I put the other one in him and he sucked that one dry as well. I keep that one globe full.

I have another plant so I finally put one it it and it also sucked up the water.
Shows you how good I am about watering my plants because the second one is a cactus.

I got them at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Next time I go there I will get another set so that I have 2 for Tom. The cactus doesn't need another one. Maybe I will get another plant, too.