cat christmas!

mandy1178

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Santa came to our house for the kitties! They got a big, soft, fluffy cat bed! So far, Cammie hasn't gone near it
but Frisky has snuggled up on it already! Does anyone hear get their cats Christmas presents? Mine are so picky . . I was actually thinking of going to PetSmart and looking around one more time, see if anything stands out. Whenever I think they'll LOVE something, I'm wrong!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got Nora a huge stocking full of red and green cat toys, these fabric tubes that you can refill with cat nip, and a remote control mouse that she loves but it only worked for about 2 minutes. Good thing we spent $7 on it.
Oh, I also got her 2 big bags of Wellness Core a couple weeks ago, but it was technically a Christmas present. I still plan to get her a cardboard scratching thing and a cat bed, but I ran out of money so I couldn't get it in time for Christmas. LOL

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The tribe got numerous toys and treats, but their favorite gift always comes from my mom. A bag of home grown, hand chopped fresh catnip.

Right now it looks like a hippy-kitty love-in here. Everyone is about half bombed and draped over various pieces of furniture, except for Mischief. And he's rolled up on the couch with a "dude!" look on his face

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got them some cute little balls that make a noise, they loved them, until the pup chewed them up, again
They don't have any toys with Chase around.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Toys they play with. Food and treats they eat. Beds? Yeah right. I got Trent a bed for his birthday about 4 years ago. Neither he nor Ophelia showed any interest in it at all, until we got Ginger years later and she decided on her own that she loves the bed and now Trent likes it too.

sport

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Santa came to see Sport on Christmas Eve. Sport got a can of fresh 100% natural Red Salmon....I think that his eyes rolled back in his head when he was eating it. He also got a Chia Cat Grass Kit, a Pedi-Paw (that he actually lets me use on him), a little Santa suit (that he loves to wear), and all of the wrapping paper in the world to play with.

mai_kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My crew got a cool corner scratching post that has a slanted vertical cardboard scratcher that you can replace when it gets all scratched up. It also has a feather toy hanging from it that is now all chewed up and wet

They also got a catnip pad/mat that they roll all over and knead at. My 18lb boy sits right on it which annoys the other cats since they can't get to it. They have literally have been fighting over it.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My kitties got one of the best Christmas presents any cat can have - cardboard boxes.
I bought my neighbor a City Place Cat Playhouse for Christmas. I got up early on Christmas morning, took it out of the box, assembled it, and left it by her door. Meanwhile, my cats got the cardboard box her present came in and they're loving it. I also got my cats a heated cat bed about a week before Christmas, so now they've got two big boxes to play with.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

The tribe got numerous toys and treats, but their favorite gift always comes from my mom. A bag of home grown, hand chopped fresh catnip.

Right now it looks like a hippy-kitty love-in here. Everyone is about half bombed and draped over various pieces of furniture, except for Mischief. And he's rolled up on the couch with a "dude!" look on his face
OH what I wouldn't give for some pics of yer stoner cats, dude!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mandy1178

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww! I think it's awesome that you all give kitty presents too! Update on the bed . . Cammie was sleeping on it tonite! So I guess they both like it!

I LOL at skippymjp's post . . it must've been the good stuff! Gotta luv it!

balwanz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
After years of ignored stocking-stuffer cat treats, we got a cat tree. More costly, but something finally appreaciated. Well worth the cost.

Seeing all the marvelous pictures on this forum, I suppose I must at least get an avatar.

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The boys got a laser pointer and a flicker ball (lights up when they bat it) from me and a Chia Pet cat grass planter from my Mom. They weren't sure what to make of the ball at first, but now Oliver likes it. They both love to chase the laser pointer, but when I tried to take some video of them playing with it on my camera phone, they stopped what they were doing and walked away. Weird, they're usually such hams when I take still pictures.

I'm not great with plants -- we'll see how the cat grass works out.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have 2 cat beds. Riley nearly always sleeps in one or the other at night (they are in my room). He seems to choose one for a month or so, then trades to the other one, then back
Xander sleeps in them when he's not in my bed. They rarely sleep downstairs by themselves.

They did get some toys for Christmas but quickly lost interest. Seems the only toy Riley cares about anymore is Da Bird and his Cat Dancer. He's obsessed with them, and haunts the closet they are kept in