Did YOU have a white Christmas?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Certainly not here. I am looking at the thermometer outside the window and see 65F. I have lived here 40 years and have not seen one yet. I have heard there was a trace one Christmas, but I was out of the country. Everybody around here brags about the weather, but in all sincerity, I would love to have a white Christmas.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No White Christmas here. The only one that I have had was in 2004 when it actually snowed 8 inches here near the Gulf. We are about 20 minutes (Lake Jackson area) from the coast and what was weird is in Houston there was less snow.

It is 70F right now and drizzling.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would take a miracle for that to happen here.
White Christmas just came on the radio as I am typing.
The last it did was 1852 I think.
Its 53 here with high winds and rain.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lee,

I've lived in TX (DFW-ish area) all my life and did see the one white Xmas of my 46 years! Did you experience the "white and icy Thanksgiving" of 1993? The "white easter" three years ago? LOL I did! All in Texas. We have crazy weather.

Cally

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yep...a very white X-mas here!!! Not too chilly either at 19 degrees!!!Lol!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

To be perfectly honest Bing Crosby would most likely look out my window at the 4 foot banks along the street and say "
this I'm heading south"
Yeah, I am glad I am not up visiting my BF's parents for Christmas, we have too much snow down here in the city without heading up to cottage country

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Everybody around here brags about the weather, but in all sincerity, I would love to have a white Christmas.
Although I do agree that a white Christmas is serene & beautiful, I think you'd probably be changing your mind about that if you had white Christmases and then some, year after year after year!
Just ask the peeps who are shoveling out now....

In the 60's here too, and it's getting foggy. I love it!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

To be perfectly honest Bing Crosby would most likely look out my window at the 4 foot banks along the street and say "
this I'm heading south"

My son IS saying
this right now! I keep telling him he should just move to Texas, and get it over with!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

this I'm heading south"
We did have some rain yesterday that tamped down the snow, but it's still pretty freakin' white.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Much too white for my liking! Snow belongs on mountains and Christmas Cards -- not in Vancouver! 'nuff said.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have tons of snow on the ground but it all has a covering of ice...lots of ice. Most of the cars on our side of the street have their cub-side tires covered 1/4 of the way with ice as well, and the street near the curb is a river of ice so no one is going anywhere for a while. No snow fell though.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

this I'm heading south"
And how 'bout the slipping & sliding walking to and from the driveway

Our roof leaked and part of the bedroom ceiling came down

But, hey, it's moisture that helps solve this long lasting drought. And the skiers/snowboarders are happy