What did you get for Christmas?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was indeed very spoilt today and it is the first time i had brand names

from SIL i got some earrings, a dressing shaker and a few other home things especially for the kitchen! And a princess mug for me!

Inlaws, i got swarovski Necklace
Dolce Gabbana hand bag
Shopping bags
three cook books
and a mixer

Hubby i got a new hairdryer, I didn't need one but he was sick of me constantly taking the adaptor! haha a curling iron, hair products and mugs!

I bought Dh a tea pot, a medieval bowl with cake tongs and 6 metal cups it is so awesome!

So what did you get??

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

i got swarovski Necklace
I got one of those from someone i worked with

The babies bought me a new mobile and a bottle of "Secret Obsession" perfume by Calvin Klein.

The rest of my presents i won't know for another couple of hours when i head over to the family for the day

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
way too much, I am spoiled absolutely rotten by those around me!!!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
at this point, besides my SS presents, i got a black & decker alligator lopper from my parents, $30 in Barnes & Nobles gift cards [school - party & student gift] and some other teacher presents. only 1 more party to go - i'll probably get someone i can't/won't use at one, plus something from my cousin. but that one won't be until Saturday.

wildfire203

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For christmas from my DH I got a swarovski kitty, a blank leather journal ( I love old fashion journals) some yummy smelling candles, FMA sound track, FFVII soundtrack, two really pretty fairy w/ dragon figurines, and an stone looks like a book but is hollow inside book. I loved it all

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've just popped on because i'm dowloading something on my sisters laptop.

I got some fab gifts!!

D & G Feminine perfume ,a book, fluffy slippers, lots of bath and body products, chocolates, leather gloves, Baileys irish cream, a microwave night time hottie in the shape of a puppy, calender, makeup bag with nail products inside. kitty diary.

I've got my neices to get yet

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got some fantastic presents too!

I got from Kieran (my partner) - Sub woofer & Amp for my car plus installation, Monopoly Here & Now

My Mum & Grandparents in Australia - cash

My Nana - necklace, bracelet and earrings set, three wooden cats and a makeup bag

My Dad - Marilyn Monroe Clock & Guiness World Records 2009

Aunties & Uncles - Prezzy Card, Book vouchers, Singlets and a necklace

Kieran's parents - necklace, earrings, pyjamas, belt, swimming clothes, jodi picoult book and some vodka

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nuttin! I got nuttin for Christmas, 'cause I've been a bad boy!

Well, not true. But we just don't buy each other gifts for Christmas. We learned a long time ago we're really bad about keeping secrets, so if we find something we think the other will like, we just buy it and give it to them whenever.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Merry Christmas

From my DH I got a Pink Laptop, UGG shoes/slippers, Dewey the library cat book, Cooking trainer game for Nintendo DS, Washington Redskins Bracelets, Washington Redskins socks,Washington Redskins Clinton Portis clock for our Redskin room in the basement. A Chi Hair dryer, A mug ( I got him a mug too that says Real men like cats
)He also got me 4 cards 1 from him 3 from the cats

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got

The Fearless Taylor Swift CD from my brother
a MP3 Player from my brother
a stationary set from my brothers girlfriend
Cute pajamas and slippers from my parents
a CD holder thing from my parents
A really nice comforter from my parents
a bulletin board I asked for from my parents
In my stocking I got a highschool musical toothbrush that plays that when you brush your teeth. I have to try it.

Lindt truffles

S'mores skittles
and a really nice cross necklace with earrings from my parents.
oh and a venus razor shaving set I asked for I adore it!

I hope everyone got what they wished for!

Stuff I got for people :

A bath and body works gift set I got for my brothers girlfriend
a coffee pot for my brothers girlfriend
and a walmart card for my brothers girlfriend

I got my brother a hastings gift card and a socket set and a walmart gift card.

I got my dad a collectable coke ornament
a robe
socks
a thing of chocolates
colonge
socks

I got my mom

this really pretty bookmark it's crystaly.
a bible and cover she asked for
socks that smell like lilac

sugar free chocolates (she's diabetic)
Paula Dean knife set that she asked for
and a nice red apron

My co-workers :
a tea set for my co-worker
a coffee set for my co-worker
and a hot chocolate set for my boss.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
so far....
from BF:
Princess
couple diff lip glosses
couple diff body spritzers
davidoff coolwater
200 mall gift card
200 macy credit card

from family: a nice cozy pair of jammies, socks, clothes, bath and body works lotions and body gels, lotsa nice smelling soaps

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Nuttin! I got nuttin for Christmas, 'cause I've been a bad boy!
Me too!

Actually, since there are no kids (or even people under 30) in my immediate family and we're all the type who see something we want and go right out and buy it, it's really tough to buy anything the other person really wants. Usually, what we do get for each other tends to be gimmicky stuff that gets sold at the next garage sale. This year we all agreed we would take the gift money we would have spent and donate it to some charities instead.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our family got a wii from my parents. I got the finishing pieces for my Willow Tree nativity set, a couple handmade pillows, a makeup brush set, rubbermaid tupperware, a sweater, pj pants, a gc for itunes, hand made bath salts, a silver bracelet, and soup mix, all from my parents.

My hubby and son got me a lime green tea pot, a wii game, mittens, long johns that I use for pjs, a couple cool metal lunch boxes, and the movie Baby Boom.

My aunt gave me a really nice pottery barn jewelry box. It's huge, and I love it!

We still have my in laws to go to, and I better go b/c we need to leave now.

We got Nora a remote control mouse and she goes NUTS for it!! LOL

I hope everyone had/has a wonderful Christmas!!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
They weren't surprises, as I do most of our Xmas shopping (meaning: his and mine!) online--I set a $ amount to spend; he just reimburses me my share of the $. I even offer my special "complimentary gift-wrapping services"
. I know it's not romantic, but when DH surprised me with some jewelry way back, that I couldn't wear, due to a metal alergy (and it was expensive stuff), I had to ask him to return it--so we decided the new way is the way to go with gifts. I really don't mind.

I got:

A great book on 18th C. clothing, Costume close-up

6 yds. of linen to make an 18thC. dress

2 yds. of white cotton organdy for a couple of 18th C. caps (women always wore a sort of Betsey Ross-type cap, even uder their hats)

Lots of different colors of silk ribbon, to tie my 18th c. shoes, and for the caps

A plush, pink robe (to wear after my bath; I will keep it in my bathroom)

A set of 2 teacups & saucers, with a tea -ball spoon, candy and cookies in a pretty box

A gorgeuous sterling/turquoise/pearl/amber necklace & earrings set

A strand of 8mm freshwater pearls and matching stud earrings (the necklace will have a black silk ribbon tie-closure--this is for my good 18th C. dress, which I have not made yet! This is how they clasped necklaces then.)

A double-strand garnet, pearl, gold bead necklace, which hasn't arrived yet--the ebay seller sent me the wrong one (she's gifting it to me), and had already sent the real one

A Tibetan green jade bangle, with silver dragon placques around the bangle

A pretty set of a sterling chain, with a pendant of a large pearl, surrounded by rubies; pearl stud earrings

He's a lucky guy--I got most of the gifts on ebay, with free shipping, and 40% off!

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Sam!!
Good to see you! Merry Christmas!

Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I got some fantastic presents too!

I got from Kieran (my partner) - Sub woofer & Amp for my car plus installation, Monopoly Here & Now

My Mum & Grandparents in Australia - cash

My Nana - necklace, bracelet and earrings set, three wooden cats and a makeup bag

My Dad - Marilyn Monroe Clock & Guiness World Records 2009

Aunties & Uncles - Prezzy Card, Book vouchers, Singlets and a necklace

Kieran's parents - necklace, earrings, pyjamas, belt, swimming clothes, jodi picoult book and some vodka

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also got WAY TOO MUCH!

Some highlights: a pink Fossil watch, digital photo frame, massage gift card, Sophie Kinsella books, Michael Phelps calendar
, Anne Geddes calendar, lots of post-it notes and markers for my classroom, a teacher supply store gift card, lots of beautiful ornaments for my christmas tree, cookbook holder, new suitcase set, work clothes from NY & CO, clothes and sweaters from Old Navy, Conair rollers for my hair...I can't think of anything else at the moment!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From my Aunt E (who dropped them off earlier this month) new (and warm) winter lounge wear and gowns. Wearing the robe and one gown right now.

Will be opening with Sis and others later today.

And I bought myself the Annie Get Your Gun DvD.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

From my Aunt E (who dropped them off earlier this month) new (and warm) winter lounge wear and gowns. Wearing the robe and one gown right now.

Will be opening with Sis and others later today.

And I bought myself the Annie Get Your Gun DvD.
No gems???
Drat! When I saw your name, and post, I thought I'd hear about some cool bling!
(Can you tell from my gifts that I love jewelry? Was I being too subtle?
)

Seriously, your gifts sound very nice, indeed! I love soft, warm lougewear and robes (and so do the cats, who jump on them as soon as I lay the clothes down somewhere).