Question Of The Day - Wednesday, December 24th!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it's Christmas Eve!

Here's today's Question Of The Day!

Do you have all your Christmas shopping done, or do you still have last minute stuff to pick up?

I have all of my Christmas shopping done, except one gift. I always buy something for the surgeon that I work with. He cancelled his surgery schedule Monday, to go down to Detroit, as his mother was not doing well. I got a call yesterday afternoon that she had passed away.

I'm totally at a loss of what to do. I will definitely send a card, but I don't know if I should get a gift to give him when he returns (he already gave me one) or if I should just not intrude during this time of sadness for the family.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would still get him a gift since you usually do anyway...he will probably need something to lift his spirits when he gets back.

Mine is done for the people I know I'm going to see on Christmas. There are a few I need to get for people I won't see until next week and I'm getting them over the weekend (ON SALE!!!)

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd still get him something for when he gets back. I'm sure he'll appreciate it even more.

We just finished our shopping last night. I still have to pick up some scratcher lotto tickets for a friend but I won't be seeing her until next week at the soonest so I'll get them when I get gas next.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Well, it's Christmas Eve!

Here's today's Question Of The Day!

Do you have all your Christmas shopping done, or do you still have last minute stuff to pick up?

I have all of my Christmas shopping done, except one gift. I always buy something for the surgeon that I work with. He cancelled his surgery schedule Monday, to go down to Detroit, as his mother was not doing well. I got a call yesterday afternoon that she had passed away.

I'm totally at a loss of what to do. I will definitely send a card, but I don't know if I should get a gift to give him when he returns (he already gave me one) or if I should just not intrude during this time of sadness for the family.
I think you should give him a gift, if that is standard for you. He will appreciate it and won't know that you hadn't gotten him something before his mom passed.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes - all of my shopping is done and presents are wrapped and ready to go.

Regarding the surgeon you work with, I would recommend getting him a gift as you normally would. He will be going through enough without breaking from usual routine.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am, athough I have thought of a couple of more things that I would like to get for my Mom, so I might venture out into shopping world today.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have one more thing I have to get my mom and I forgot to get tissue paper yesterday so I'm going to try to brave the crowds!

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All done but I was panicking yesterday. I didn't think I was going to be able to get my niece what I wanted to because the place was closed for days because of our blizzard weather but they finally opened in the evening.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I might have some last minute shopping to do....not sure yet. I won't know till I wrap

That's the only downfall of buying things throughout the year ( I buy things on sale, and put them away for xmas...so I do not know what all I have till I actually wrap em LOL).

I got the treats made for an xmas we're going to on the weekend.

I think I am doing pretty good... I might do a little more baking, but thankfully I already have the supplies. (store shelves are usually bare of the major baking supplies right now).

I'm excited this Christmas....for alot of different reasons. Normally I get a little sad over some past xmas memories, but this year I'm not doing too bad.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Done!

I've actually been done for about a week but I braved the malls for my Dad yesterday - he's been working 7 days a week shifts and works until 1pm today so he asked me to pick up a few things for my mom on his behalf. Oddly enough, the malls themselves weren't bad, but the parking lots were awful.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finished mine on Sunday, and the last thing I ordered online finally showed up this morning (phew).

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought very little 'ready made' gifts this year. ONly some books for my friend's son. If the road clears enough (I plan on trying to get my car out of it's parking spot today, it's surrounded by snow while being on virtually bare ground, and has a slight incline to get up) for tomorrow, I'll be going to my friend's house and celebrating with their family. I had hoped to get everything else shipped by now, but not a chance... so Christmas will be a little late.

But everything is finished.

Amanda

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i say still get your friend the gift....and i have 1 more person id like to find something extra for really quick today, and i wont see my best friend til after xmas so i am waiting for her.