Now to just convince my husband...

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I found a new kitten. I know it will never replace Milo, but she is so darned cute. I've always wanted a pointed cat with blue eyes. She is a 4 month old lynx point dsh. I hope she is still available next week and that I can convince my hubby to let me get her.

Here is a link to her petfinder spot http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...petid=12408536

They also had a tortie which I would love to have, but they don't have a photo.

Ooooh, here is a pretty girl!! She is in a town about half an hour to 45 minutes from here. http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...petid=11525374

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
both are them are pretty girls - but i prefer the tortie point to the blue point - more unusual. but that's me - get the one you like best!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree!! The lynx point is in our city, whereas the blue point is 45 minutes away and costs almost twice as much.
The lady said that the lynx point is still available, and most likely still will be next week. Hopefully I can convince hubby!!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Show him the picture and dare him to say no. They both are lovely cats.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's seen many photos of cats over the years, some of them very cute, but he has always said no. Nora was a surprise and he loved her immediately. Milo was a surprise and he was pissed. LOL He didn't talk to me for 3 days, and it was probably a good two weeks before he would acknowledge Milo's presence.

He got mad at me for not talking to him about it first, but I knew he would say no. This time I'm going to talk to him about it, and then just beg and beg until he says yes. LOL It has worked twice before (with Gus and a senior cat we rescued), I can get it to work again. Whaa haa haa!!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can get him to the point of "maybe" or "we'll talk about it" you're in.
My DH is a big NO person until he meets them. I begged and begged until he said "I'll think about it" for Stimpy. He couldn't say no to Lola because she showed up on the back step needing medical care. By the time we caught her, he was all worried too. (she was gone for almost a week before we caught her in a cat trap)

Can you get him to go meet the kitty? Stimpy was a shelter kitty and he did most of the convincing for my DH. I had him meet Stimpy, which was tough because he really didn't want to go to the animal shelter.

Good luck!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I turned in the adoption application tomorrow, interested in three cats but mainly the lynx point cutie. I have already heard back from them saying they will have the foster mom contact me!

I have yet to even bring it up to DH. We've been so busy with Christmas and stuff. I suffer from insomnia so my sleep schedule can easily be thrown off, and we stayed up until 4-5am two nights this last week, so I'm stuck on that and sleeping until around 3pm so I hardly ever see him. I did spend a lot of time with him yesterday, but we went to look at a new car for him and went out to eat with my parents so it slipped my mind.

I hope my selling points will be the cost. Kittens there are only $50, and getting a free cat will end up costing AT LEAST twice as much with immunizations and spay/neuter at our vet. Most likely much more than twice.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

He's seen many photos of cats over the years, some of them very cute, but he has always said no. Nora was a surprise and he loved her immediately. Milo was a surprise and he was pissed. LOL He didn't talk to me for 3 days, and it was probably a good two weeks before he would acknowledge Milo's presence.

He got mad at me for not talking to him about it first, but I knew he would say no. This time I'm going to talk to him about it, and then just beg and beg until he says yes. LOL It has worked twice before (with Gus and a senior cat we rescued), I can get it to work again. Whaa haa haa!!
I have to get tears going and then my husband will agree...

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to admit I burst out laughing when I saw the mustache on Dalton!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is hard for me to make calls on the weekends, and last monday I babysat 3 young crazy busy children plus my own son, and then that night I came down with the flu or something. I just felt like crap, slept 18hrs overnight that night and the next, and then New Years...

The foster mom for Quinn is going through the same thing.
I tried calling yesterday but she didn't answer. I thought maybe she had been adopted so I contacted someone from their rescue and she said that Quinn had NOT been adopted, but recently came down with diarrhea so was being taken to the vet yesterday and would let her foster mom know what's going on with me (foster mom doesn't have a computer) and let me know what the vet said.

Hopefully by Monday or Tuesday I will be able to get ahold of the foster mom.