"Before Grain" cat food

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bought it ..cause I feed my cats wellness core ..and thought it might be just a different flavor for them to mix some with their reg food...They like it but I find its all crumbs...I have bought all 3 flavors but the fact that 1/4 or more is dust ..I might not buy it again....

Nancy

chris10

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMO its a good food. If you don't know already the canned food is not a complete diet. Even on the can it states that the can is only a supplement to their complete dry diet. Not those exact words but something like that. You can make the can a complete diet but probably not worth the effort.

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mezlo

My local pet store has started carrying a new cat food called "Before Grain" (http://www.beforegrain.com). Does anyone here have any experience or opinions on how it compares to other cat foods?

Mez
Are you asking about the dry or canned or both? My IBD kitty is eating the dry right now (chicken version) and doing pretty well on it. She's not a fan of the cans for some reason though.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
IMHO decent food but not a good represtation of grain free

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

IMHO decent food but not a good represtation of grain free
You mean because it's not as high protein as other grain-free dry's? I only ask because it sort of sounds like you mean that it's not truly grain-free.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tamgirl99

You mean because it's not as high protein as other grain-free dry's? I only ask because it sort of sounds like you mean that it's not truly grain-free.
it is lower protein to the pt many with grain foods have the same protein and fat ...