You know you're a cat lady when...

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Buying Christmas presents for your cats is normal behavior, but:
  • I *wrapped* their presents! My mom's response when I confessed this was, "I'd like to see them open the presents without opposable thumbs."
  • The boys also have stockings. Just the cheesy small dollar store ones, but still . . .
  • When my mom's cats were still alive, I bought presents for them, too. I've also bought presents for other people's pets -- and put Rocky and Oliver's names on the gift tag.
Am I completely strange?

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nope – you are not the only one to do that. However, I am not going to say that just because other people do it means that you arenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t strange for doing it too...

I buy my boys presents and wrap them – I even buy special paper with Christmas Kitties on it just for them… BUT - my boys like to chew/tear open wrapping paper. All of my gifts have to be kept in the closet until Christmas day or they will unwrap them for everyone! Plus giving them their own present usually distracts them long enough for me to pass out presents to everybody before the boys start eating them… They also get small stockings with toys and treats in that as well.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sparkle, our daughter's cat, has absolutely no problem unwrapping our daughter's presents before Christmas. Sparkle makes a huge mess of it, but she can certainly tear the wrapping paper off, lol!

The times I've wrapped presents for the kitties, they do not try to open them.

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You know you're a cat lady when your present wish list consists entirely of cat related items

What I've asked for recently from The Animal Rescue Site:

For my husband, who has gone from detesting Squeaky to bundling her up so she doesn't get cold and kissing her on her forehead.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My girls have had stocking for years, I don't wrap their gifts, but I will put them in a gift bag!

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My kitties have stockings and presents too. They love to chew on paper and attack the ribbon so I wrap up their gifts and then give them to them to open. I also make some of the gift tags say that some gifts are from the pets. Flower got Eric a flash light, Figaro got extra batiries for it and Comet got him a new hammer.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Emy4cats

My kitties have stockings and presents too. They love to chew on paper and attack the ribbon so I wrap up their gifts and then give them to them to open. I also make some of the gift tags say that some gifts are from the pets. Flower got Eric a flash light, Figaro got extra batiries for it and Comet got him a new hammer.
I found my cats stockings this year and they're filled with toy mice.

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know i'm a cat lady because...

this morning they batted my brand new pink hat into the litter box...and pooped on it...and i didnt even get mad at them

for x mas i asked my mom to get us a big cat tree
thats all i want

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you know you are a cat lady if you envision the sheer joy your cats will have when you dump a whole stocking of crinkle balls on top of them.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

you know you are a cat lady if you envision the sheer joy your cats will have when you dump a whole stocking of crinkle balls on top of them.
evidently ferrets like them, too...
this cat knows where the fun is!

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Geez...I've always had stockings and wrapped presents for our fur babies. They are a member of the family so of course they get their own gifts.
My husband and I will totally confess to being cat people.

Besides....wouldn't the cat's feel left out if they didn't have presents to open?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
oh, mine got a gift [this - found @ Target today for $23!] but i didn't wrap it - just spritzed it w/catnip spray & put it on the floor.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to make Kandie put a paw print on Moms cards...

I am not the crazy cat lady but some tell me I have to many cats... lol... only 5

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know you're a cat lady...

...when a co-worker you hardly know brings you a bag of truffles addressed to "The Cat Lady."

Clearly, he's heard me, over the cubicle walls, talking either too much or too loud (or both) about my fosters.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I must be the only one that realizes Trout has no idea its Christmas
I do spoil her on her birthday though
oh, i know they have no idea - but i do!
i wasn't getting them anything, but i saw the scratcher months ago - just decided it was too pricey. so the lower price was the deciding factor, not the holiday.