Question of the Day Dec 21st.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today's question is a beverage one,

Do you have a favorite holiday drink?

I really don't, I am not a fan of egg nog at all so that's out. I don't mind apple cider but wouldn't make it my first choice either. I guess the closest thing to a holiday drink that I like is a cranberry spritzer.
My sister likes apple cider and spiced rum
it's the grossest stuff.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
my favorite xmas drink is baileys irish creme, its like a christmas tradition, only on xmas and thats it! i dont like egg nog either. if im just out with friends drinking, my drink of choice has always been vodka with a mixer.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you ever tried the Bailey's mixed with Frangelico? Oh that is sooooooo delicious.
Also a brandy alexander mixed with vanilla ice cream is also wonderful.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Today's question is a beverage one,

Do you have a favorite holiday drink?

I really don't, I am not a fan of egg nog at all so that's out. I don't mind apple cider but wouldn't make it my first choice either. I guess the closest thing to a holiday drink that I like is a cranberry spritzer.
My sister likes apple cider and spiced rum
it's the grossest stuff.
Egg nog is a classic at this time of year. You can add rum or whatever your favorite mix. Or you can enjoy it on its own merits. Yesterday I noticed that most of the regular egg nog was not there. But the shelves were stocked full with diet egg nogs!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are several local brands of eggnog available. The calorie difference between the "light" and regular for the brand I like was only 10 calories. I add whipped cream 9from the can) and sprinkle some nutmeg on top. I'll have to try the Malibu with it though (*note to self: buy some Malibu*).

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depending on who I"m with and where I am---either a beer or a hot chocolate.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Have you ever tried the Bailey's mixed with Frangelico? Oh that is sooooooo delicious.
Also a brandy alexander mixed with vanilla ice cream is also wonderful.
Yes I have and I put it into coffee topped with Whipped Cream...A local pub calls its a Nutty Irishman...

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by vampcow

Yes I have and I put it into coffee topped with Whipped Cream...A local pub calls its a Nutty Irishman...
Try it without the coffee, 1/2, 1/2 on the rocks. YUM!!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We drink hot cocoa more when it is cold, but I wouldn't consider it a "holiday" drink. We aren't big alcohol drinkers, my husband doesn't drink at all b/c he is an alcoholic, so I just stick to water, iced tea (depending on where we go, I'm picky about what it tastes like), or lemonade. No special holiday drinks here.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
when i lived at home me and my dad used to have a bottle of brown ale with a mars bar and then at tea we would drink sparkling wine with tea!!! hehe

but i havent done that for 2 years now haha

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love to have eggnog at Christmas, with either rum or brandy, but it's really just for a few days that I want that. It's special, so it's OK that it's on the sweet/rich side, but that wears thin fairly quickly, when one's preferred poison the rest of the time is scotch.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One year we went to my aunt's house in Colorado for Christmas and had egg nog with kahlua and cream. It was good but I haven't had it since.
I do love egg nog, I buy the light egg nog though. I also like candy cane hot chocolate or just hot chocolate with tons of big marshmallows and sugar cookies on Christmas morning.