Favorite toys?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did a search on here, but couldn't find a thread with recommended/favorite toys.

What are your kitties favorite toys?
What toys would you recommend?

Kizzy has the usual balls/furry rattly mice/crinkly toys. He doesn't seem to play with them much.

I have a feather wand toy, that he LOVES......(not the one that looks like a duster, the one with a string and fluffy feather toy on the end like a fishing pole) and I would HIGHLY recommend it.

I bought him a laser today because I have seen that mentioned alot.... He couldn't care less about it right now

I got him another fishing pole type of toy, not feathered..... it kinda scares him.

What does your kitty like? If you could recommend one toy as a favorite, what would it be? Mine would definately be the feather wand toy.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Pixel likes soft toys she can carry & fetch - even just facial tissue wads! Cable likes things that 'skitter' - plastic rings, ice, etc. Chip is extremely fond of catnip! Java likes things made from real fur - she really likes the fur puffs. Firefox shows a decided preference for sparkle balls - altho her favorite toy is the soft furry ball that was originally on the Panic Mouse [she tore it off].
they all like the laser, the Cat Dancer & Da Bird, too.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky's favorite is bar none the Turboscratcher
. She also loves to play fetch, and her favorite for that are rubber balls with little spikes in it. She took a little while to warm up to Da Bird, but now she does like to play with it - It is definitely a great form of exercise...

Catnip doesn't do anything for her, so I am researching about making a tea for me!!

ladylonewolf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Harley has 2 favorite things; fuzzy mice (of all sizes, shapes, and materials) and this wand toy I got her at PetSmart. She goes absolutely crazy for both. I'd say the next favorite thing in line is her TurboScratcher; it's the only toy she has that she actually plays with for a long time by herself.

klaidman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Snow loves her little Mouse. I would definately recommend a furry little mouse thing for cats. Hers dont look like a mouse anymore. Seen better days for sure.

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Anna loves her Star Chaser - the Turbo Scratcher with a ball that lights up when swatted. Eli will play with it but not as much as Anna. All three cats use the center corrogated cardboard insert for sharpening their claws.

She and Eli both like to play with simple scrunched up paper balls and empty toilet paper rolls.

Anna also loves larger catnip mice but I no longer buy those because the dogs tear them up and eat them.

Da Bird and a fishing pole toy are also favorites around here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LadyLoneWolf

Harley has 2 favorite things; fuzzy mice (of all sizes, shapes, and materials) and this wand toy I got her at PetSmart.
That's similiar to the one I got Kizzy yesterday, that he seems to be scared of LOL.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Da Bird, hands down. Second would be a lazer pointer. But when I'm not playing with them with either toy, their favorite toys in the world are each other. Ours love to play chase with each other all the time.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, so I had to check out Da Bird.... that thing is awesome.

For those who don't know what it is: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...m?pcatid=11643

I'm definately going to have to look for that. I know Walmart doesn't have it, and the LPS does not have it, but maybe petvalu does.... or maybe I could find it online if petvalu doesn't have it.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

ok, so I had to check out Da Bird.... that thing is awesome.

For those who don't know what it is: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...m?pcatid=11643

I'm definately going to have to look for that. I know Walmart doesn't have it, and the LPS does not have it, but maybe petvalu does.... or maybe I could find it online if petvalu doesn't have it.
Petsmart just recently started to carry it. If you can get the one with the full pole, buy that one over the one where the pole breaks down into 2 pieces for shipping. Everyone I know who has that one has told me that the pole doesn't stay together when their cats are really playing with it.

lovemykitty3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The feather wand is #1. My kitty does backflips through the air for that one. It's also really hard to put it away someplace he can't get to. He follows me wherever I try to hide it and will jump on the refrigerator or go into cupboards to try to retrieve it.

His second favorites are two furry mice. One I got at Target. It's a medium sized felt mouse with a huge feather tail. The other is a brown furry mouse from Pet Supplies Plus. He carries them around all the time and love to play fetch.

He's getting Da Bird and a Turbo Scratcher for xmas

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Petsmart just recently started to carry it. If you can get the one with the full pole, buy that one over the one where the pole breaks down into 2 pieces for shipping. Everyone I know who has that one has told me that the pole doesn't stay together when their cats are really playing with it.
ahh, ok... thx for the tip. I'll have to check out Petsmart in the new year...

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All three of mine love catnip. They like to kick it, bite it, and lick it.

Pooch's favorite toy is his pipecleaner. He also likes playing with shoestrings. Luke cannot resist when a shoestring is stuck on the wall, but his favorite is a q-tip. Kelly's favorite toy in the whole wide world is milk rings. Kelly also likes to shred paper towel rolls.

kikeecats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My older cats Babs and Mia dont really play with toys anymore.

However my younger cat Kyer loves to play with anything she can find. The one with she does love is a pink teddy (that is around the same size as her). She has had since we got her. She will carry it around, bash it up and even now she will sometimes still sleep with it.

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the all time favorites of all 4 cats are Da Bird and the laser light.

Kricket doesnt play with many toys she would much rather lay around in the sun all day and chase the laser light occasionally when the boys let her.

Worm goes crazy for Da Bird and pretty much anything that he can bat around. Christmas ornaments are his favorite right now.

Possum is nuts about the laser light, catnip, crinkle balls and those teething toys from growing stages (he loves to bat them around the kitchen but the darn dog keeps stealing them and tearing them apart).

Sloth loves any and every toy. He loves Brian (from family guy) it is this lil stuffed doll i won on the boardwalk over the summer and he has had it with him since he was 2 days old. He carries it around like its his baby and loves to rabbit kick it. He loves these soft mice with tails and bells, we play fetch with those. I found these soft plushy toys at Target in the $1 bins and he now has Moo Moo the cow that is like Brian that he carries around.

my cats are all good they play with just about everthing i buy for them and then more that i dont really want them playing with.

FAVORITES....Da Bird and Laser Lights!!!

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My boys favorite thing to do is play with each other. But as for toys Da Bird is their very favorite, I have to keep it hidden in a closet or they will drag it to me and meow pitifully for playtime.

Spooky loves those plastic rings that go around the Milk cap – he has never tried to eat them but I still watch him just in case.

Mulder loves any soft balls/mice he can bat around, throw up in the air and chew on. He recently went absolutely insane for a catnip mouse I got from Ragtime when I ordered their new collars.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorite toys? Hands-down, da-bird and the laser light. All three know what these toys sound like and will come flying in from every part of the house when I pick them up. And da-bird has to be put away in a closet that shuts securely - anywhere else and the feathers are separated from the wand faster than it takes to type this.

After those two - anything and everything. Allen likes chasing and wrestling with his sisters, Rachel loves rabbit fur puffs and Meghan, well, she's kinda strange - she goes after anything plastic, including plastic bags and the lint rollers I use to pull of all the cat hair before I go to work.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mattie almost never plays with toys. She sometimes will bat around a milk jug ring on the kitchen floor, or will bat at a feather if it's under a door. We're talking once every few months though. She's a lazy girl.

Chloe loves most toys, though she has calmed down a lot since she was a kitten. She likes to bat around those sparkle balls on the kitchen floor, and of course she loves Da Bird. Her favorite toy of all time is probably just plain old string.