my kitty loves the shower?

lunalover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering does anyone's cats like water?

Now I haven't given her one in a while, but my kitty really did not like having a bath, however I leave my bathroom door open when I'm in the shower because otherwise she cries if I close the door.

It's one of those showers that are in a bathtub. She likes to jump in the bathtub all the time and scratch around (don't know what she's scratching for tho?!)

But when I'd shower she'd normally just sit and watch, but lately she jumps into the bath and stands next to me while I'm showering, not even caring about the fact that she's getting wet! And then gets out when I get out..

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of our cats have loved getting in the shower when it isn't running. Nora hides in there when she is in trouble. LOL Milo is the only one that didn't mind getting the water turned on him. He just stood there, and when I let him out he just walked out (unlike the other cats that RAN) and the most he did was "wiggle paws". I even had to wipe him off. LOL He's so funny, he could care less about water. I leave the shower door open a bit for him also, b/c he'll come in a stick his head in the door to see what I'm doing. Nora just wonders why the heck we take off all our fur and WANT to get wet. LOL

howard

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat has been in the shower to investigate it, nothing more.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Bengal cat that loves to come sit on the bathtub while I take a bath. She climbs down my leg to get to the water. When she gets wet it doesn't bother her in the least. When she was a kitten she used to play in her water dish and then pick up the bowl and dump it.

I don't think she would let me bathe her. That would be the stubborn side of her that would fight that!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Sphynx doesn't mind water at all, she loves the warmth I think but also plays in her water bowls

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW Thats so strange!!! I thought cats hate water...
speaking of showers, Jake loves to bathe my feet after i get out of the shower...I think he is trying to get off the soap smell...

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think my Mulder is a goldfish. He splashes and plays in the water bowl. He comes running any time he hears you turn on water anywhere in the apartment, and sleeps in the bathroom sink waiting for me to turn it on and get him wet.

I leave the bathroom door open when I shower also, and he likes to jump up on the edge of the bathtub and watch me shower through the clear curtain and bat at the water droplets through the plastic. Sometimes he likes to stick his head or paws around the curtain and get wet himself as well. He's jumped in before, but I think that scared him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunalover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
it's not just that she sits on and watches me in the shower, she actually comes under the faucet and showers with me. she'll stand right next to my feet and get all wet with me while i'm washing my hair or whatever.

and it's not like she likes baths - i had to give her one yesterday and she HATED it, but she still jumps in and has a shower with me..

hillbillywoman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Squirt will sit and wait for me to get out of the shower, and as soon as I step out, she runs to stand between my legs so that water drips on her and she chases the water drops.

marleyandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have always found this particular trait about my cat facinating and funny!! marley loves water. he sits on the ledge when im taking a shower and peeks his head around the curtain. as soon as im done he jumps in there and licks any water he can find, scratches at the faucet, and plays for a while. I have recently been filling up a plastic cup and putting it in there with him, he thinks its great
he also jumps up on the sink when im brushing my teeth or running the water for any reason. he likes to stare at it and occasionally gives it a swat or two. he also loves to play in the toilet and his water bowl, and he gets water everywhere. the toilet seat has become something i can't forget to put down every time

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MarleyAndMe

I have always found this particular trait about my cat facinating and funny!! marley loves water. he sits on the ledge when im taking a shower and peeks his head around the curtain. as soon as im done he jumps in there and licks any water he can find, scratches at the faucet, and plays for a while. I have recently been filling up a plastic cup and putting it in there with him, he thinks its great
he also jumps up on the sink when im brushing my teeth or running the water for any reason. he likes to stare at it and occasionally gives it a swat or two. he also loves to play in the toilet and his water bowl, and he gets water everywhere. the toilet seat has become something i can't forget to put down every time
Sassy Sasparilla does that very same thing, the "perch and peek", and the little tub dance afterward. I'll turn the water off with the shower head still turned on, then partly close the valve. This lets the water drain out of the shower pipe slowly, and gives her a drip at the faucet.

Watching her try to "snap" single drops of water out of the air is hilarious

hellkitty jilly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
lot of cat breeds love the water russion blues love it they just dont like to be forced in to the water, The Turkish Van Cat has a love for playing in water, so is often referred to as the "Turkisg Swimming Cat". It is a very affectionate, loving and lively cat who is also very intelligent. http://www.pusscats.com/Turkish_Van_Cats.htm

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I remember on time--you have to understand that the bathroom is right off the landing, directly opposite the head of the stairs--Zane came charging up the stairs at "full cheetah mode", then took a flying leap into the bathtub. Fortunately empty. I've had visions of his trying that and finding the tub full too late to stop.

halo_girl02

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Bruce does something similar to that. He always sits in the bathroom with me whether I am taking a shower or bath. When I take baths he will put his paws on the side of the tub and then eventually put them in and lick the water off of them.

After showers or baths he will get in and lick the walls and everything. I think he just likes the fresh water. Don't get me wrong, he gets fresh water but my aunt was saying that cats love their water really really fresh. Her cat has a water bowl that keeps her water flowing and her cat Sophie drinks about twice as much water this way. Its probably the same reason he would always drink standing water outside as opposed to his water in his bowl (when we lived with my parents).

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maia definitely had her time of infatuation with the bathroom and when I showered! At one point she had torn a hole in my shower curtain and would stare at me through it while I was showering! She also use to love to sleep in the bathroom sink! Basically shes grown out of it........To bad cause it was insanely cute!