Cinnamon Rolls $ cookies

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
S I decided to bake cinnamon rolls w/ cream cheese icing & sugar cookies tonight, I'm currently waiting for the dough to finish rising, yum!

Anyone else doing any festive baking tonight???

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

no - i went shopping yesterday, but forgot to buy butter
so no baking or candy making for me until after church tomorrow!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had planned on doing some Christmas baking, but my work schedule leaves a whole lot to be desired right now. I will get to it, but probably not until after January 1st!

I promised Trout's Mom that I would send her some and I still plan on doing that. She'll just get them a bit later

What I've really been wanting to make are pecan buns! They are so hard to find these days.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I did all of my baking Friday, since I was pretty much snowed out of doing much of anything else
I made my world famous (ha) sugar cookies, my mom's magic easy peanut butter cookies (with my own little twist), and banana oatmeal cookies, which I absolutely love, because they're not too sweet and not too bad for you
I didn't get around to making my pumpkin cookies, but maybe tomorrow, since that looks like a wash-out, too

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did baking today!

I made some more almond bark pretzels, white and chocolate
and also John's favorite - marshmallows dipped in caramel and rolled in Rice Krispies. I know, it sounds weird, but he says they are good
They are messy and fun to make though

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kaete

I did all of my baking Friday, since I was pretty much snowed out of doing much of anything else
I made my world famous (ha) sugar cookies, my mom's magic easy peanut butter cookies (with my own little twist), and banana oatmeal cookies, which I absolutely love, because they're not too sweet and not too bad for you
I didn't get around to making my pumpkin cookies, but maybe tomorrow, since that looks like a wash-out, too
i'd like the recipes for the banana oatmeal & pumpkin cookies!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

S I decided to bake cinnamon rolls w/ cream cheese icing & sugar cookies tonight, I'm currently waiting for the dough to finish rising, yum!

Ive been experimenting. Making stained glass shortbread, a honey cashew tea cake, yo-yos and a choc liquour snap.

I MIGHT attempt a gingerbread house..well i was going to last week and i gave up

EDIT: scratch the gingerbread house..AGAIN! lol. I've just finished making some ginger dough, and am making a gingerstar tree, this one in fact - http://www.taste.com.au/images/recip...05/12/9008.jpg But instead of those hard cachous, i'm going to make my own coloured sugar to decorate with.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Ive been experimenting. Making stained glass shortbread, a honey cashew tea cake, yo-yos and a choc liquour snap.

I MIGHT attempt a gingerbread house..well i was going to last week and i gave up

EDIT: scratch the gingerbread house..AGAIN! lol. I've just finished making some ginger dough, and am making a gingerstar tree, this one in fact - http://www.taste.com.au/images/recip...05/12/9008.jpg But instead of those hard cachous, i'm going to make my own coloured sugar to decorate with.
Oooh... I might have to try that next year (or maybe this one) it looks so pretty!!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i wasn't feeling well today, so didn't get out for the butter. so starting tomorrow after a store visit, i'll be making cheese cookies, sopapilla cheesecake, toffee & peanut brittle.
all of those require butter, so i'll probably buy 2 pounds.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In my younger years I used to make oodles of different special cookies for Christmas. Now I don't bother since we older folks (hubby and I) don't need all those extra calories and quite honestly I'm not a big sweets fan. I'd rather have a lovely savoury meal.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No baking for me, but I am gonna make a chocolate cream pie made with jello pudding, rediwhip, and graham cracker crust