im not allowed to go online!

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
every time im laying on my couch and i open my laptop to go online, either princess or nipper will jump right up and sit right on the keyboard unless they can fit into the space on my chest between the laptop and me....does anyone else have this problem????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

The kitties let me go online because they never know where I will open my laptop, but I'm definitely not allowed to go to the bathroom by myself, lol.
ahahahahah....me either!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cats Kiko and Laura do this ALL OF THE TIME
Right there on my chest between me and the laptop, it always makes me laugh

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cats4sky

every time im laying on my couch and i open my laptop to go online, either princess or nipper will jump right up and sit right on the keyboard unless they can fit into the space on my chest between the laptop and me....does anyone else have this problem????
Yup

even if I can convince him to curl up closer to me, it doesn't last. He sneaks himself back over so that at the very minimum a paw is on the comp....he'll paw my hands when I'm typing, paw the screen (which I reprimand him for...its an LCD...don't want kitty claws on it), and if I let him, he'd cover the keyboard.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky hates my laptop.... She sees it as her direct competition.... she either meows with that victim face we all know too well meooooooow, or puts her tail up, turns like a top model, and goes sleep under the bed... Sometimes she does sit next to me, but the fact that i give attention to the computer and not to her hurts her quite a bit....

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I usually have problems with cats walking across the keyboard. Earlier today there was something new. I was playing a game and had one arm on the desk next to the keyboard. Lion curled up on my arm (that cat is getting HEAVY) and went to sleep. All of sudden I started getting drop-down menus and boxes that wanted me to change settings. Couldn't get back into the game at all--and I was doing so well. I finally figured out that in addition to my arm, Lion was laying on the control, option, command, and shift keys.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

I finally figured out that in addition to my arm, Lion was laying on the control, option, command, and shift keys.
yeah, i've had that happen w/Pixel, too.
here're some pix of my computer monitors...they take turns [these were taken w/the webcam, btw].
Cable

Chip

Pixel

often, if i fall asleep at the laptop, what wakes me is the beeping that Firefox causes when she lies on the keyboard...

layitdown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Same problem here! For RB when it's laptop it's cuddle time for him. He'll push his way between me and the laptop, roll around, chase the mouse pointer on the screen, for a good 10-20 minutes he'll be all up on the laptop.The he'll settle down next to me, one paw on me, the other on the laptop
and go to sleep.