Back from ultrasound, opinions?

hatzy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here's my previous post for a history.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=183199

I just went to pick Bubba up. He had an abdominal ultrasound. It did show that he had some mild thickening of the intestinal wall and colon. So the vet suggested doing an endoscopy next to get a definitive diagnosis. We set that up for Tuesday. Is this good news in the grand scheme of what it could have been? I'm hoping it's just IBD. I can deal with that. Even if it is lymphoma, it's probably early enough to treat.

She also said one kidney was abnormally shaped, but since 2 sets of recent blood work and urinalysis showed normal function, I'm not too worried about that. She said we'll treat that too to preserve their function.

Does this all sound right? Anyone familiar with mild thickening of the intestines?

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have no experience with that. However, did they do an ultrasound of the bladder? I was just wondering because of Bubba's history of UTIs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hatzy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure, but he's only had a UTI once and that was detected in urine I collected, so i don't think it was the most sterile. His most recent urinalysis, in which the vet collected the sample, was negative. She sent us home with metronidazole and clavamox.

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh ok. My cat had bloody urine in the late summer and it was diagnosed as a UTI even though the urine sample came back negative. The blood continued to return, so he had an ultrasound performed on his bladder. Unfortunately, it was a tumor that caused the bleeding and he was diagnosed with cancer. However, it seems that your Bubba has something else going on. I hope the vet can figure it out and find some sort of treatment.

Good luck!

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hatzy

Does this all sound right? Anyone familiar with mild thickening of the intestines?
This is all in line with what I understand about IBD/intestinal lymphoma. My kitty has IBD although we've never gone as far as the ultrasound/endoscopy. All of her bloodwork (including thyroid, pancreatic, kidney, etc.) was normal and dietary changes have helped resolve her problems which is why the vet gave a diagnosis of IBD. Good luck with your baby!