anyone wanna send vibes for something a bit trivial?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i auditioned for a show Tuesday night. ok, best part - the director [i've been in 3 of his shows] told me it was the best reading he'd ever heard me give!
i'm hoping that means he's likely to cast me - it's been 2 years since i was actually in a show, instead of just working crew, & i really miss it!
the show is Stephen Sondheim's Company, & the part i'm most interested in is Joanne - altho i'd take anything.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Lots of vibes!!!

I read the Wiki. Joanne sounds like a trip! I hope you get the part.
she's a lush, a cynic - & has the best song in the show of the females.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally saw Company on PBS (2006 Revival).

that you get the part and knock 'em dead!

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's not trivial, that's a great thing! Sending major vibes that you get the part! How exciting.

Of course, nothing wrong with crew.
(That's what I do, in case you're wondering where that line came from!)

Break a leg!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

Of course, nothing wrong with crew.
(That's what I do, in case you're wondering where that line came from!)
i agree - & of course, that would be my 2nd choice... it's just that it's my 2nd choice, not my 1st!

ETA: cast list has been posted - i wasn't cast

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing trivial about that!!!! Glad to send you major vibes!!!! Good Luck!:vibe s:

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i agree - & of course, that would be my 2nd choice... it's just that it's my 2nd choice, not my 1st!

ETA: cast list has been posted - i wasn't cast
Phooey!
We know you should have been cast. What do they know.

on them.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Phooey!
We know you should have been cast. What do they know.

on them.
thanks. i don't know the person they cast in the role [i know several of the others] so i can't judge whether she's a better choice than i am until i see her in it. hopefully, i'll get crew - i sent a message to that effect to the stage manager.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

thanks. i don't know the person they cast in the role [i know several of the others] so i can't judge whether she's a better choice than i am until i see her in it. hopefully, i'll get crew - i sent a message to that effect to the stage manager.
Oh hon, I'm sorry you didn't get it!

One question, is this profession theater or community theater? One of the reason's I stopped doing community theater is it didn't matter how good you were, it was all about who you were related to. I had the same director for 2 shows, and his wife got the lead role in both of them. The were musicals and she could sing, but she didn't have the "umph" to really deliver some of the songs like some people who were designated chorus (NOT me! LOL, I can sing in chorus, but not on my own...I sound like a mouse!).

You know you're a star in our eyes!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Oh hon, I'm sorry you didn't get it!

One question, is this profession theater or community theater? One of the reason's I stopped doing community theater is it didn't matter how good you were, it was all about who you were related to. I had the same director for 2 shows, and his wife got the lead role in both of them. The were musicals and she could sing, but she didn't have the "umph" to really deliver some of the songs like some people who were designated chorus (NOT me! LOL, I can sing in chorus, but not on my own...I sound like a mouse!).

You know you're a star in our eyes!
it's community - but i've worked with this director [in other words, been cast by him] in 3 other shows, with the music director in the only other show he's music directed for [but have been cast alongside him in several others]. so i know the right people - plus i'm a belter, so that's not really an issue.