Christmas song you *never* want to hear again

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Or other holiday song, for that matter.

For me, it's "Happy Holidays/The Holiday Season" by Andy Williams and "Wonderful Christmas Time" by Paul McCartney. I heard both too many times while working in retail during college (mid-1990s), and to this day, I cringe when I hear them.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Baby its cold outside, Santa Baby and I saw mommy kissing santa claus...are my all time must hated songs'

As a music teacher I start Christmas music with my orchestra for the winter concert around the end of September. And holiday music with my private students Nov. 1...so by the time Christmas comes...I'm already sick of christmas music...so I usually hook up my iPod and listen to rock music this time of year
messed up I know...but between orchestra, 30+ private students AND church obligations it gets too much.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None for me, I love Christmas music, and have the radio tuned to the Christmas channel the whole time it is on (from about Nov 1st until the day after Christmas). It is my favorite kind of music.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" is by far the worst Christmas song ever. I work retail and I hear it about every hour and a half every single day.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feliz Navidad by Julio Iglesias. Every time I hear that song, it ends up stuck in my head for like a week

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to have to say all of them. I hear the same songs at least 20 times a day on the radio. Not just that but they never play any different versions, it's always the same artist. If someone would make a new Christmas song at least once every decade instead of just covering old songs, I wouldn't mind so much.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything by Jackson 5!!!!!
They constantly play their music at work....it makes me want to take my floral sheers and kill someone!!!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer"! When I was in college I worked in a diner with a jukebox. That thing was in the jukebox at Christmas time and played, on average, every 10-15 minutes. I'm still not over it.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those barking dogs irritate me no end. I don't like Paul McCarney's 'Wonderful Christmas Time', either---it's so sappy. And "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" should be banned.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

"Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer"! When I was in college I worked in a diner with a jukebox. That thing was in the jukebox at Christmas time and played, on average, every 10-15 minutes. I'm still not over it.
For some reason your comment almost made me choke on my coffee it was so funny!! Because jsut last night I went to the diner and guess what??! They PLAYED that song!! And now I understand the look on my waitress's face when it came on!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jingle Bell Rock- we had to learn that song for a Christmas pagent in the 4th grade, and now I cringe whenever I hear it....

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I don't know the song but the line "It's Christmas time in the city..." always gets stuck in my head! Horrible.
That's "Silver Bells"

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have no idea what it is but it's like these spanish guys singing and it says "ay ay ay it's christmas and I don't know what to do..ay ay ay it's christmas and I don't have a gift for you" they played it multiple times at my work and..AGH

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I don't know the song but the line "It's Christmas time in the city..." always gets stuck in my head! Horrible.
When my sister and I were downtown Chicago shopping last weekend, we kept hearing that song over and over and over and over everywhere we went! It got to be kind of funny after a while.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vampcow

For some reason your comment almost made me choke on my coffee it was so funny!! Because jsut last night I went to the diner and guess what??! They PLAYED that song!! And now I understand the look on my waitress's face when it came on!
Yep...that'll do it...and 20 years from now she'll still be making that face!