Indoor cats VS snow

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our kitties are strictly indoor so they don't get to experience nature other than through a window. So, I thought I'd bring some snow inside and see what they thought of it. Two of them liked it, two of them didn't.

Everyone but Leya was checking it out, Leya's blind so I had to bring her to the snow
I take her outside every now and again and she just loves the snow.

Stuart, Luna's watching, but she didn't want any part of it.

Stuart: "it's cold....and WET!!!"

His cute little paw print!!!

I brought Leya over to play!

She got a little excited and overshot the snow pile
I think she heard Luna and got thrown off.

I gave Enzo a little piece of snow, he wasn't exactly excited about a pile of snow in the living room....

Mom.....get that snow away from me!!!!

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's too much!
Last year, I brought some in for Pants to check out. He was not impressed. He couldn't wait to get it off his little paws, the spoiled brat

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All three of mine have experienced snow under their paws a few times now (well..the times we have had it here anyway!
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a blast, but like I said, only two of them actually enjoyed it
Stuart and Leya just love to dig in it!

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wibur and Tink would love snow I think. I think this because every time I open the freezer they both scramble to sit right below it, hoping I'll drop a piece of ice. When i do, they bat it around the house until it dissapears

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very cute pictures, my 3 have a definite opinion of what they think of snow, as long as it stays outside it's fine, but do not bring it in the house. Occasionally I will have snow on my boots when I come in and they are not impressed when they step in it and get wet feet.

lovemykitty3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
how cute they all are! i have to try that with Toby
he loves watching the snow through the window.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a prescious idea!
If we ever get a decient snow down here, I'll have to see what my kitties think of it

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

What a great idea?!
I'll have to do that with my three when it snows again
You will!!! Some one in your group has got to like it!!!

Originally Posted by fastnoc

Wibur and Tink would love snow I think. I think this because every time I open the freezer they both scramble to sit right below it, hoping I'll drop a piece of ice. When i do, they bat it around the house until it dissapears
Oh my goodness that is too cute!!! None of our cats will have anything to do with ice cubes. Enzo will bat at it if I put it in his water dish, but that's about it. I think they would like the snow!!!

Originally Posted by tierre0

Very cute pictures, my 3 have a definite opinion of what they think of snow, as long as it stays outside it's fine, but do not bring it in the house. Occasionally I will have snow on my boots when I come in and they are not impressed when they step in it and get wet feet.
'they aren't impressed'

Originally Posted by cheylink

That is so cute! Stuart really seems to enjoy it and Luna loves to watch!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Oh he does enjoy it!!! I brought some snow in yesterday so my SO could see what the kitties did. He thought it was a kill till he saw Stuart digging it and getting snow all over the carpet
I told him it wasn't any different than him wearing his boots inside the house!

Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

What a prescious idea!
If we ever get a decient snow down here, I'll have to see what my kitties think of it
You'll have to!!! Let us know!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried that with my cats just now, and Nora wanted nothing to do with it. The second she felt it was cold and wet she walked off and just stared watching us. Milo liked it well enough, and tried to dig in it, but he thought it was too cold. He would start to do the action of digging, and as soon as his paw touched the snow he would pull it off and shake it. He ate some of it also.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

I tried that with my cats just now, and Nora wanted nothing to do with it. The second she felt it was cold and wet she walked off and just stared watching us. Milo liked it well enough, and tried to dig in it, but he thought it was too cold. He would start to do the action of digging, and as soon as his paw touched the snow he would pull it off and shake it. He ate some of it also.
Awww how cute!!! Stuart and Leya didn't mind the wet/cold very much. I do wonder why they want to dig in it?? What is it about snow that makes a cat want to dig?