Do I get another Devon?

murfie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi guys,

Murfie's breeder just emailed me and said there is a chocolate male avail to me for $100. Long story but basically she has too many males and not enough room. He is only a kitten, not sure of his exact age and I haven't seen a pic yet.

My dilemma is this: I have 3 dogs and Murfie, should I take in another cat?
My boyfriend thinks im crazy but everyone else thinks I should just go for it. I have already emailed my real estate to see if I can have another cat. Im not allowed the dogs so on inspection day they just go to my parents, this is not an option for the cat as they already have a cat that isnt very nice lol.

So Im pretty much just looking for some unbiased opinions on what I should do.
Im getting swept up in the excitement of a new kitten and already knew that eventually I wld get another Devon or Sphynx but am I ready?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

murfie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can, the animals always come first with me....but why do I feel nervous haha

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Murfie

So Im pretty much just looking for some unbiased opinions on what I should do.
this is the cat site!
Cat lovers will probably all say get another

My dilemma is this: I have 3 dogs and Murfie, should I take in another cat?
Im not allowed the dogs so on inspection day they just go to my parents, this is not an option for the cat as they already have a cat that isnt very nice lol.
How can they not have a clue with 3 dogs? dogs tend to go outside several times a day to do their business, they need walks, and usually have bones and toys lying around.

have already emailed my real estate to see if I can have another cat.
That will probably be your answer if you can afford the cat, the initial vet visit, the extra food and all of that and the landlords agree.
Personally, I would wait until I had my own place before owning 5 animals in my house though, especially when 3 are already against the rules and then some places you move will have animal limits for the neighborhoods. So live where you don't have those limits, then continue to add as you need to

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is not a place where you'll be talked out of getting another cat!
I look at Murfie's adorable little face in your siggy, and I think she needs a little brother to play with. I couldn't say no to that face, and I'm sure she's got you fully wrapped around her paw!

Honestly, the answer would be if you can financially afford another cat, and if the landlord OKs it then I would go for it. But that's me. I have 5 cats.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would wait for the landlords approval first, since I have heard about people either having to get rid of the pets or move out asap.

Having another 'devil wrecks' around would probably be good for Murfie, active breeds usually do better with a companion.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Honestly, the answer would be if you can financially afford another cat, and if the landlord OKs it then I would go for it. But that's me. I have 5 cats.
same here - on both counts!

murfie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
cococat;2501962 said:
this is the cat site!
Cat lovers will probably all say get another

How can they not have a clue with 3 dogs? dogs tend to go outside several times a day to do their business, they need walks, and usually have bones and toys lying around.

I have inspections every 3 months so i remove EVERYTHING from the house that has anything to do with dogs and they go to my parents for the day.

I knew it was a silly idea asking cat lovers hahahaha

murfie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well i just checked my email and (drumroll please) the real estate has approved my request for another kitty OH MY GOD IM SO FRIKEN EXCITED!!!!

murfie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well it looks like im going to have to think of a name...and ask someone's help to update my sig soon....here's my new little man (not sure when im picking him up yet but it will be soon)

murfie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
haha no i definitely couldnt resist after seeing those photos! hopefully i find out today when i can pick him up....im open for name suggestions guys!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

haha no i definitely couldnt resist after seeing those photos! hopefully i find out today when i can pick him up....im open for name suggestions guys!
what type of names do you like for kitties? & do you want something that kinda 'goes' w/Murfie?

tabbycalicogurl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's adorable.
Name ideas-Muffin,Cuddles,Cupcake,Jazz,Fluffy,Fuzzy,Frosty,Peppermint,
Dasher,Cody,Blackberry,Zorro,Ziggy,Zippy,Mohawk,Sweeter,Snowflake,
Bubbles,Meatball,Marley,Mufasa,Crazy,Silly,Braveheart,Nutmeg,Zeke,
Stevie,Music,or Pippen

murfie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
wow that's alot of names!!!! i already thought about Cody but Im liking the sound of Marley seeing it matches Murphy.
I like strange sort of names for eg: my dogs names are HoneyChild, Rockstar and Sir Winston Sausage Pants Bratwurst the 3rd!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm... well how about one of these?
Brown [as in Murphy Brown]
Eddie [as in Eddie Murphy]
Michael or Martin [as in Michael Martin Murphey]
i think those are kinda cute...